“Stay away from this place---Extremely overrated and expensive!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wading Pines

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chatsworth
Wading Pines
Manchester,NJ
“Stay away from this place---Extremely overrated and expensive!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

This place is a joke from the start---after going there and off the bat they charge you for your kids. Any kid over 5yrs old you pay 10 dollars a head for. The pricing is for 2 adults without kids so the price went from 60 bucks to 80 bucks a night. We paid 60 a night because we stayed on their "luxurious waterfront sites". What a joke. Then 10 bucks a day to bring my own golfcart . So all said and done it was 90 bucks a night.LOL You also had to pay for kids crafts with that price. The day we arrived it was very hot and very humid. We set up and then headed up to the pool(keep in mind there is only one pool)low and behold it was closed cause someone let their kid in without a swim diaper. Bathrooms are not the cleanest and also found there to be a lot of nails and glass on our site to the point of telling my kids to keep shoes on. The store is very expensive and the staff are not the nicest. Quiet time is 11 and as they started busting our chops at 9:30 as we had the music on and were talking around a fire. Save your money and go to another campground. I can go to Frontieretown in Maryland and its
75 a night and they have a free waterpark. So look around and think before you book Wading pines. I think all the positive reviews are either friends or employees personally.

11 Thank bighedkid

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We have stayed here many times before and each year it gets worse and worse. First of all they charged us $90 a night, $10 extra for any kids over 4 and $10 extra a night for the golf cart....Ridiculous! When we arrived on the hottest day of the year so far, the pool was closed because someone pooped in it. They said they were working on it but our site was across for it and we saw no one there. They told us to swim in the river, where there are signs that said "No Swimming". When we did get to the pool it was about 90 degrees. They came around to our campsite at 9:30 to remind us quit time was 11 but the next night had a movie playing with the generator going till midnight. Bathrooms were nasty and so were the people who worked there. Never Again...

9 Thank cristineandbrian
Sicklerville, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

This was a horror story from the beginning. Well, we had 8 people with us, my wife and I, and my 3 sons and my 3 nephews. 1. they weren't even going to rent us the place. then charged us more per night per kid due to them saying 5 is the limit. NO AIR conditioners, NO WALL UNITS allowed. No refridgerator, all food spoils fast due to heat.. and bug are deathly. IMMUNE to any and every bug spray. MY SON WAS bitten ON the ear by some strawberry fly and it swollen his ear shut... it was so sad. (for him) especially. The people were friendly, and that was about it. LOUD, NOISY, GOLF CARTS racing around faster than you can imagine. underage drinking everywhere. ANYWAY, i could go on, but refuse to waste another second on this place... OH WAIT, FIRST, THE general store is over priced due to nothing else being around.... really gauges you when your down.....I AM SO GLAD TO BE HOME.. WE LEFT EARLY.. will stay at a different place next time... BUGS ARE EVERYWHERE... I understand you are in the woods, BUT THIS WAS WAY TO CRAZY....... SERIOUSY.. I CAMP EVERY YEAR AND I KNOW WHAT CAMPING IS LIKE.. Im no preppy either.. im down to earth just like every other person.. STAY IF YOU DARE AND DUPLICATE MY COMPLAINT>... BAD REVIEW FROM ME!! ID GIVE LESS STARS IF I COULD.. I LOVE CAMPING BUT HATE THIS PLACE,,,

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, do not go here.
10 Thank JERSEYDEVIL08081
Cape May, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

I have camped at this location many, many times amd I am shocked at the overall condition and management of this campground.

This campground is tucked away deep in the Pinelands. Gorgeous setting on the Wading River. However, that is about all that is left good of it.

The place is an absolute free for all; drunks flying around in golf carts, children out running through sites through the night, NO security, dirty, garbage all over the place.

The bathrooms are as old as I remember them, but disgusting. I have no problem with them being old, but they were just filthy. There is NO reason for that except poor or lack of management.

The pool and pool area were just as dirty as the bathrooms. The water in the pool was extremely cloudy. The pool was jam packed. We avoided the pool completely since the water quality looked so bad.

Sites are packed one on top of each other. So close that there is no privacy at all. I guess it's to generate more revenue to just pack them in like a herd of cattle. That is how we felt on our site.

I have never been to a campground where the patrons/visitors/seasonals urinated in public. This was truly disgusting. They run behind their campers to urinate; men and women.

Years ago, this campground was truly outstanding. It is clear that bad management is in control of the campground as we went up to the office to make a complaint and was met by a most rude person giving us a blank stare. No one cares.

By far, the most disturbing issue with the campground is, the "new" owner, I believe, is on the Board of the New Jersey Campground Owners Association. Is that how this place gets its Woodall's rating? Because it can't be based upon service or cleanliness.

It's so very sad to see such a nice location turned into an expensive dump!

10 Thank c02152013
Moorestown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Golf carts speed all over the place, kids ride there bikes till 11 at night with no lights on.
People are rude and always drunk and have no clue what is going on around them
Manager and her personal just ignore the complaints and then they wonder why so many seasonals have left and never want to come back.
Trash out before dusk, we had ours at 5:00 never was picked up till next day after it was torn up.
Dogs not on leases and run up to kids and people walking, some kids are scared of dogs
Go to the store and the prices will just break you if you forgot something, owner wants to make money quick
kids can run all night do not have to be back at there sites until no one knows because I was going to the bathroom and they were all out running at 12 at night
Kids steal beers and it is very dirty in bath house.
no chairs at pool bring your own because all the seasonal people go up at 10 and take them all for their clicks..
we have been coming for many years and at least 4 times during the summer we are done unless you clean up and have control of the golf carts and kids....
worst experience again of our lives

• 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank frggy64
newarkd de
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

My husband and I went there and got BED BUGS in cabin 17 .... Husband had severe case - doctor had to put him on 12 day steriods to get rid of them ..... BEWARE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!! I called the office and manager never got back to me either! Pure nightmare!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank skinner230
Hainesport, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

This is a true "resort" campground. It is super clean, very well organized, and easy to navigate. They have a LARGE salt water pool that is crystal clear. The river area is litter free and beautiful for a hike or canoeing. The playground is spacious and shaded which is great for the kids.

We took our young kids to the kids carnival which was completely free (free games, prizes, and cotton candy). We also went on the "train" ride with the kids and it was so cute! The other campers smiled and waved at the kids as they rode by on the "train."

Everyone there was very friendly - staff, seasonal campers, and other weekenders. They offer curb side trash removal which is a huge plus. The sites are partly shaded by the large pines and easy to back into. The spaces are a little close together, but it didn't bother us because everyone there parked their campers and trucks so that it was a physical barrier between the sites. We had no privacy issues at all. The staff is very friendly and helpful and constantly roaming around the park inviting campers to activities, cleaning up, and checking that everything is ok.

We can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CampfireMama

Been to Wading Pines? Share your experiences!