“Trash hole”
Review of Wading Pines

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chatsworth
Wading Pines
Reviewed 24 July 2012

never go there, the people saying it is nice and relaxing are either seasonals or are getting paid by them.
This place use to have a waiting list to get in now you can have pick of the house everyone left because of the trash they let in and stay.
I was a seasonal and came back to camp and never again. it is terrible and the staff is worst then ever. No security, people up all night yelling and screaming nothing is done
golf carts all over day and night racing around kids driving. There are like 7 trailers up for sale because everyone wants out or at the end of the year 20 or more are leaving because of all the trash she has let in....run across everyone sites....no respect for others property..stealing goes on with everything not just liquor..Seasonals let their kids drink at 16..what is running there. Maybe a tropper should be undercover for a weekend between the drugs and drunks.....the place would be shut down.....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank Ronnie J
There are newer reviews for Wading Pines

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I just came back from Wading Pines and had a great time. My husband and I planned a weekend and invited his brother and girlfriend. This was the first time they were there and they enjoyed themsleves. I used to come here every August for about a ten year stretch. We always have stayed int he cabins, even when they were along the river. Always had a great time. Staff and seasonal campers are very friendly. Management has done some work on the cabins, fishing bridge and bathrooms since I was there in 2010. I plan to make this a annual vacation place again. The pool was great and not that crowded. We were able to get chairs and even a picnic table. We will go back next year and may even turn more people on to this place. The only thing that I would have a negative comment on - are the mattresses in the cabins. They are very thin and when you add the single mattresses to the double - it is extremely loud at night. When they added the beds, maybe they could have made it an option - a quess air mattress would fit great if they were not there. Oh well - we are camping. That won't stop me from taking another trip there for a week (hopefully next time)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I have gone to this campground two seasons in a row, and two seasons too many. The seasonal people who stay here are very unfriendly to anyone just staying for a weekend. The seasonal campers here are very rude, old and grouchy. The staff (who is also composed of the same seasonal campers) is very rude, unprofessional, and discourteous. This place is like a retirement home, so you better not make any noise past 10:00 pm ( like a ipod playing) or you will be yelled at by some angry old person that works here. They were even nice enough to come and wake us up the following morning to yell at us a second time the following morning after already yelling at us the night before. There is not much to do here besides ride a tube down a creek that takes about a whole 7 minutes. After that you can go listen to a country band because that is obviously what the seasonals prefer, as there was a country band playing both times I stayed there. I was so bored and fed up with being bossed around by the elderly that I couldnt wait to leave. Not much for the kids to do here either, except annoy the old people with their presence. Worst camping experience ever.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Jersey D
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We went tent camping, and were harassed by the people who are seasonal/possibly live there. We left at night because we felt uncomfortable, and called the staff in the morning. They did not even give us our money back. WORST camping experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Toni M
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The only thing that's makes this place bearable is the people. The owner of this place is a spinster and very, very, very, cheap. The prices are OUTRAGES, and discounts are unheard of, Military…forget it, fire, and police no way. Not even Memorial Day weekend! So wave your flag somewhere else. Don't let the listed price fool you because they consider a family to be two adults with no kids. If you have two kids then add $20 a night to your bill. The campground itself is nice, and in a nice location. The river is great and floating down the river on tubes almost makes it worth wile. I have stayed there many times and had some good and some bad experiences. My advice to you is if you do decide to go and you do have kids that are old enough drop them off at the bridge just past the camp store on the main road. There is a hole in the fence and have them simply walk to the campsite after checking in with two adults. If you ask me this is a ridiculous way to camp though. The entertainment is bad…just bad, where do they find these bands? My high school band was better. just don’t bother…

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Patrick P
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My family and I actually love this campground and have been going for years. We get two cabins every August. This year, on the final day, we found bed bugs in our bed. I left with more than forty bites on my shoulders, arms, and neck. Unfortunately, I am afraid that the campground is not taking proper measures to get rid of the infestation, and are not taking it seriously enough. We do enjoy the rest of the campground's amenities and always have. Just please make sure you educate yourself on bedbugs and check for any signs before settling in a cabin. If you have been here and got them, or if you see them in the future, please register your experience on www.bedbugregistery.com so that everyone knows.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mizrus
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This place is a joke from the start---after going there and off the bat they charge you for your kids. Any kid over 5yrs old you pay 10 dollars a head for. The pricing is for 2 adults without kids so the price went from 60 bucks to 80 bucks a night. We paid 60 a night because we stayed on their "luxurious waterfront sites". What a joke. Then 10 bucks a day to bring my own golfcart . So all said and done it was 90 bucks a night.LOL You also had to pay for kids crafts with that price. The day we arrived it was very hot and very humid. We set up and then headed up to the pool(keep in mind there is only one pool)low and behold it was closed cause someone let their kid in without a swim diaper. Bathrooms are not the cleanest and also found there to be a lot of nails and glass on our site to the point of telling my kids to keep shoes on. The store is very expensive and the staff are not the nicest. Quiet time is 11 and as they started busting our chops at 9:30 as we had the music on and were talking around a fire. Save your money and go to another campground. I can go to Frontieretown in Maryland and its
75 a night and they have a free waterpark. So look around and think before you book Wading pines. I think all the positive reviews are either friends or employees personally.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank bighedkid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatsworth
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 5 in Hammonton
Tuscany House at the Renault Winery Resort
J. D. Thompson Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Wading Pines? Share your experiences!