“Horrifying!! Just a big waste of money.”
Review of Inn of the Dove

Inn of the Dove
Ranked #1 of 1 Cherry Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here in May 2011. We just wanted a nice hotel stay, to get away from the apartment and see something new.

We checked the place out online and reserved a honeymoon suite. The website advertised a flat screen cable tv, a stocked wet bar plus snacks, dual head shower and a two person hot tub.

For additional money you can purchase services like trails of rose petals around the bed or hot tub, candles around the hot tub, a bottle of wine and two 'Inn of the Dove' wine glasses, things like that.

We arrived around 6 in the evening. We were amused to see the 'lay of the land'- each room was its own little 'bungalow' complete with its own parking spot and path. We went to check in at the ramshackle 'lobby' building-inside they peddle oils and perfumes and also have two or three ancient vending machines. We checked in and were slightly disturbed by the presence of signs reading things like "No refund after 30 minutes in room" and another one advertising an hourly special. I didn't expect an especially classy place but geez.

We shrugged it off and headed out to the car. As we drove to our 'bungalow' we noticed several feral/stray cats mating in the parking lot-charming!!

We got to our room only to find that our key card did not work. We walked back to the shack and the Indian woman seemed pretty unconcerned. She gave us what she said was her 'master' key only after we promised that we would return it upon check out the next morning. We tried to laugh this one off but needless to say that made us even more uncomfortable. What the heck, she's giving customers a master key??

We hiked back to the room and this key card worked. We walked in and the smell hit us in the face...this place is just gross at best. The were old rose petals scattered on the floor, a suspicious white stain on the rug, handprints on the mirror over the bed, a clump of hair in the hot tub, brown splatters around the toilet, and dust in the corners and around the sink. The 'wet bar' in the falling apart mini-fridge consisted of two bottles of water and a Diet Coke, and the 'snacks' consisted of one snack sized bag of popcorn. There was a dirty, sticky table with two chairs next to the sink/microwave/fridge combo. We hunted around and found the source of some of the stench-an old, moldy wooden mini dresser in the closet. The mirrors in the bathroom were filthy as was most of the floor. The hot tub....well, I guess it could fit two little people, or anorexics. It smelled like bleach (did they actually clean it?) so we began filling it only to notice a clump of hair floating around in the water....which just was the icing on the cake.
At this point we decided to just make the best of a bad situation. The really extra gross discoveries (hair in the hot tub, brown splatters, mirror handprints) were discovered well after the 30-minute maximum time frame for refunds so we sucked it up and tried our best to salvage the night. The TV didn't work so I called the front desk. The Indian woman answered and all she would say was, try all the remotes, the TV should be fine. It didn't work the entire time we were there. We did our best to sleep but we were so freaked out that the sheets weren't clean or that the place had bed bugs that we checked out at 6 AM. I complained to the Indian guy that I turned the key card into and he seemed surprised-he said they never get complaints. I don't believe that for a second.

Find somewhere else to stay, this place will ruin your night. My girlfriend and I like Comfort Inns, we've stayed in several in the area and they're usually excellent.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Emily C

Reviewed 23 April 2011

We went to the Inn of the Dove for a romantic birthday getaway... Unfortunately, our night didn't go as planned. We were suppose to be staying in a remodeled room that had a celestial theme, there were no moon or stars on the walls like the website pictures advertised, but we ignored the false advertising. We arrived at 7:30pm, so by 8:00pm we were hungry the menus that are provided in the the room were from 2007 and falling apart but we ignored that and ordered take out and had it delivered, By 9:00pm we pulled back the comforter only to find that the sheets had not being changed, there was someone else's hair all over the pillowcases and sheets. My boyfriend immediately went to the front desk and the clerk changed us to the room next door but she told him to look the room over first, we looked the room over, it had problems (some of the light switches didn't work and the door knobs to the closets fell off) but the sheets and comforter were clean you could smell the bleach (good thing). When my boyfriend went back to take the key back for the other room, the clerk told him that she spoke to her manager and we couldn't change rooms but he told her we had already moved in to the new room. My boyfriend told the clerk that we would leave if we couldn't stay in the room and hire a lawyer in order to get a refund, after he said that the manager agreed that we could stay in the second room. Something is wrong with the new management, they don't take care of the property and they could careless about customer service. Please don't waste your money this location is nothing like it use to be. We stayed in the late 1997, and 2005 and had a wonderful time thanks to the old management but the new management/and the property is a nightmare. I've never stayed in a hotel with frayed bath towels that had holes in them. In this day and age of bedbugs who would risk sleeping on dirty bed linen. This use to be a lovely well kept property but it is no longer well kept, so please head all the bad reviews because this was the worst romantic getaway ever...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank bluelyric30
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The staff was extremely helpful whatever we needed they were kind enough 2 provide n if they didn't have it they were apologetic don't know y there r so many bad reviews in that respect..u get what cha give. Luuuved the private entrance not the best lookin but made 4 an excellent get way!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank JusPlainMe
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Initial room (Honeymoon) was so cold I could see my breath. We had to ASK for a second set of towels and bathroom tissue. after much complaining, we were relocated (downgraded - offered coupon for future stay - no reduction in bill) New room -- had to request a second sheet for the bed, as it only had mattress pad, 1 sheet and comforter - then we had to make the bed. Lastly, the jacuzzi didn't have a plug in it....so much for romantic weekend. I've traveled up and down the east coast since highschool for sporting events, and personal travel. I have NEVER had to ask for bathroom tissue. POOR service and bad attitudes are the standard here....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank avgjoe2011
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I had reservations for a two night stay,when checking in the clerk wanted to charge me for an addition fire log for a two night stay.(Bensalem hote gave two for two night stay) I only received one.When I booked the room I requested a particular room,of course i didn't get the room,but I over looked that. But one I enter the room OMG, no soap in the bathroom,no cups at the mini bar, coffee machine with no coffee no snacks that was supposed to have. No pillows to sleep on,well none that I would but my head on, the small pillows that were on the bed were so dirty you could see stains on them,no cable,when i called to complain the phone had so much static they could hear,they did change our room the next day,only to go to a room with brown water in sink. Never again!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank travelgirl081561
Reviewed 26 December 2010

The place is a Joke stayed in the room with a pool it was way out of date! Here is all the problems we had. We called to confirm our reservation we were running late was told if we didnt check in by 6:00 pm we would lose are room. Made it there and the place was empty! Went to room it was freezing cold had to turn on heat and went out for awhile came back 2hrs later still not warm lucky my wife bought a box of fake logs to burn fro Wlamart. After 4 logs it finally got warm but no matter what the bathroom stayed freezing! For what we paid we excpected much more the free drinks and snackes in the room consisted of two bags of chips 1 water and one diet pepsi! TV only worked half the time. This place is dirty and out of date dont waste your money!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank j4martin
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Awful awful awful across the board. My boyfriend wanted to take me on a romantic getaway and picked Inn of the Dove based on their Internet profile. ALL LIES!! The place was completely run down. There was trash all over the yard and inside the lobby, there was a sign that read "No refunds after 15 minutes". I absolutely understand why they needed the sign! We should have been out of there in 5 but I didn't want to hurt my bfriend's feelings so we stayed.

The place was so dirty and smelly, we had to go to the store and buy flipflops because I didn't want to touch the floor, much less the moldy shower tiles. We brushed our teeth with bottled water because the water from the faucet was brown AND when we asked for the room to be cleaned, the cleaning lady brought her KIDS!!!

Luckily we have a good sense of humor and this will make a great cautionary tale when we go out with friends.

YUCKY!!!!

Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia
WoodSpring Suites Cherry Hill
WoodSpring Suites Cherry Hill
#4 of 8 in Cherry Hill

Been to Inn of the Dove? Share your experiences!