“Great getaway for couples”
Review of Feather Nest Inn

Feather Nest Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
New York City, New York
“Great getaway for couples”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

When you first pull up you start to get nervous because the look on the outside is very deceiving, once we checked in and got to the room we LOVED it! We stayed in the Desert Tent room (very clean) and it was perfect, the sounds and being able to enclose yourself really made you feel like you were somewhere else. We would definitely come back to the Feather Nest Inn and recommend it. This is a great place for couples to escape and just spend time together. The staff was also very pleasant and helpful. Thanks again for a great weekend!

4 Thank TNT1019

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed on our anniversary weekend 9/20/13-9/22/13 room number 322 manhattan ,we were in shock when we got to the room it was very cleaned and beautiful we will recommend this place to anyone, room service was great. If I had to go again I will go to your place. The rooms are like what you see online. happy costumer

2 Thank jaydee a
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I've driven by this place for nearly two decades, but never got around to concocting an excuse to stay... Finally the right occasion presented itself and I don't regret it for a moment.

Yes, at first glance, it is a bit worn... But set that aside and enjoy this cost effective alternative to schlepping waaaay off the beaten path. If you want to spend the money and time driving to the "destination hotel" with the two night minimum stay for twice the price, go ahead. Close and cozy was what we wanted, and that is what we got.

Enter your space with a sense of humor and enjoy he music selected to set the mood that accompanies the decor of your room. Then marvel at the 'adult' programing... All be it a bit pedestrian in its variety.

Be sure to pack a picnic, and maybe a bottle of -better than the complimentary- champaign to get your evening started. ( there's a fridge in your room, and a microwave down the hall.)

We found the staff to be accommodating and pleasant. (Guests tend to forget hotels are a service industry, and in the service industry, a tip encourages a much better experience all around.)

My only complaint was the fact that the room held on to the scent of cigarette smoke from former guests, and also had a cleaning product smell lingering in the air.

Our desire was a place for an overnight away from the distractions of home at a reasonable cost... With a silly heart shaped tub. It was exactly what we hoped for.

Room Tip: Book well in advance if you want a specific themed room. Be sure to clarify the interior color of t...
2 Thank Amrtine
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I think that the room was ok. The rooms are way over priced. Housekeeping could do a better job at cleaning. there was dust everywhere. So my allergies was triggered. I was sneezing all night. It made it hard to enjoy my anniversary.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lamaiyah1997
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The rooms are very nice and relaxing. They do need to be cleaned better and carpets replaced. We found a lot of trash behind bed and dressors. The rooms are pretty and romantic. Very expensivre tho. We think the cave is the best. Just make sure you check the rooms first. Overall 3 out 5

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank mcmull21
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I was worried when me and my boyfriend first pulled up to the feather nest. Outside looks slightly creepy. I was glad we gave it a chance though! We stayed at in the tree house suite and it was wonderful! Hot tub was large, flat screen tv could be adjusted to face any area in the room. Very clean! (Me and my boyfriend are neat freaks so that's the first thing we inspected!) after it passed out cleanliness test, we ran the tub and turned on the jets to make sure the tub had been properly cleaned. It passed! The decorative theme of "tarzans tree house" was very well designed! Not too tacky and not too flash. Mirrors were all over the room and also completely clear of any smudges or smears. (My boyfriend actually joked and was worried that he would walk into a mirror mistaking it for another room!) bed was firm but soft and the sheets smelled fresh like they had just been taking out of a dryer! We had good experience with the staff also! We left our room for dinner that night and came back to our room keys no longer working! We called the front desk and they issued us new keys right away. The girl we delt with earlier that day and the gentleman later that night were both very friendly and hospitable. All and all, if you were on the fence about this place, give it a chance! If you like romantic themed suites this place has plenty of options! Me and my boyfriend will for sure be back next time! Oh! One thing I wanted to mention, The rooms allow smoking but didn't smell like smoke at all! Pat on the back to the cleaning staff for that!

• Stayed July 2013

3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,206 reviews
Aloft Mount Laurel
Aloft Mount Laurel
#11 of 28 in Mount Laurel

Been to Feather Nest Inn? Share your experiences!