“Not Too Bad”

Grand Lux Cafe
Ranked #12 of 286 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A world of food awaits at Grand Lux Cafe featuring internationally inspired cuisine.Located at the Cherry Hill Mall, facing Route 38 between Macy’s and Nordstrom.
Reviewed 14 October 2018

This was my second time here. Lunch menu with reduced priced served until 5p and by the timw we sat down and waiter came it was literally 5:04p so we couldn't get "lunch specials," so that sucked. But in any event, the food was okay. I got a salad (Chile Lime Chicken & Mango Salad) that wasn't enjoyable for my taste but that doesn't mean someone else won't like. The other person I was with got the Garlic Chicken with mashed potatoes. That was definitely tastier than the salad but nothing about it had a garilcy taste so not sure how they came about picking that name. They do serve complimentary bread which is always a nice perk at any eatery. The appetizer we got were the Double Stuffed Potato Spring Rolls which were very good. We also ordered a Blood Orange Drink which was tasty - but word of advice, if you order any specialty drink tell them only half glass of ice because if not you barely get any drink, like we did. Lastly, the portions are pretty hefty so you pretty much get your money's worth.

On another note, the waiter looked VERY unenthusiastic. He didn't smile once and looked like he didn't want to be there. I would write his name but don't want to go get anyone in trouble. We definitely had a better waiter last time and it can really make or break your experience at any restaurant to have a personable waiter/waitress.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 12 October 2018

So, this restaurant was recommended so I thought I'd give it a try. The server came shortly thereafter with menu and asked if it was our first time there and we replied yes. She welcomed us and inquired about drinks. Being that it was our first time there we needed a minute due to extensive menu. Well why did we do that? The server took her time coming back (restaurant was not crowded at all) and nothing on the table still but menus and utensils. So, we ordered appetizers and drinks which did not take long to get but with no straws. Aside from the server, the drinks were good and the food was fine. Notice I said fine! I knew this wasn't an upscale restaurant but I did expect more. Now for desserts...I was really looking forward to dessert especially to be able to order made to order desserts. I had the Molten Chocolate Cake which was surprisingly just okay. Now, I took home a box of the Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies and they were to die for. If you go there not expecting anything too grand I think you'll enjoy. The ambiance was good and not pricey. Just hope for a better server. I will go again if for nothing more than the cookies.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I went here with my sister and mother for brunch after church and we were NOT disappointed! The menu is a little pricey but it's totally worth it. There are big portions and delicious food. I want to make a habit of going here.

Date of visit: July 2018
GLC_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Lux Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you had a great experience. Perhaps you'd like to join us for Happy Hour for discounted food and drinks. We also have wonderful Small Plates and Snacks that are a great value for another time. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Absolutely great lunch. A multitude of awesome choices. Atmosphere was very family friendly. The place was bright and cheery. Never felt rushed , staff was awesome. Key lime pie out of this world. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

This was my first time here and I was very pleased. The restaurant is clean, chic and has somewhat of an upscale vibe to it. The food was good and so was the presentation. The only thing is that we were going to order the lava cake for dessert and the dessert menu stated it would take 30 minutes to prepare so place the order at the beginning of your visit - the waiters should give patrons the heads up about that. BUT besides that, I would definitely return! Oh, and there's complimentary bread.