Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Mount Laurel)
View Hotel
TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel(Mount Laurel)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenbi levelhealth clubgreat roomtwo bedroom suitefull sizehome away from homevisiting familycleaning stafffree breakfastnew jerseyphiladelphiaunitskitchenettecouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A nice place just off the main road. Not a lot of road noise to be heard from our room. The rooms are very spacious and its nice to have a small kitchen. My only complaint is there is no fireplace in the King bed rooms. You have to get a Queen size room for the fireplace. The description on the site states "The 96 air-conditioned guestrooms at Residence Inn by Marriott Cherry Hill include fireplaces and CD players." This is not true. I brought this up to the lady working the front desk and said there was nothing she could do to switch us. I didn't believe it for a minute. There were not that many cars in the parking lot. She said we booked through a online site and could not accommodate my switch. That is the first I have ever heard that from any hotel. I will think twice before coming to this hotel again. We have family in the area and is close to them.

Room Tip: If you want a fireplace like we wanted you have to get the queen room only
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

I am sorry for the confusion about the fireplaces in our suites. 72 of our 96 suites have fireplaces. The 2 bedroom suites and all studio queen and studio doubles have fireplaces. Our hotel is often sold out even though the parking lot is not full. Many of our guests arrive by taxi from nearby Philadelphia airport.

Please contact me directly when you return to the area to visit your family. I will ensure you get a nice, cozy fireplace suite. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I love this place.For one the staff was amazing,very friendly and welcoming.The rooms were very clean.We rented the Bi level suite which was well worth the money.As soon as I can get another chance to go get away we will be definitely going back.Thanks again to the staff for the fine service!!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the bi level suite it's worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tammy258
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for the very positive review. We agree that our staff is great and we are glad you enjoyed our 2 bedroom suites. The extra space makes a stay very comfortable. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Here's what was good: A friendly staff, nice clean albeit a little aging physical facility. Very good breakfast and comfortable rooms. Here's what was not so good Internet was intermittent and not fast. A lot of time this means the user doesn't know how to use it. Not in this case, I depend on internet in the room and use it frequently. I did get it to work and it was very straght-forward. But sometimes there was a connection to the router and sometimes not. The other thing I didn't like was the shower. The water barely came out. Very unusual in Marriott branded hotels. Most use upscale Speakman shower heads. These were very cheap Walmart style and must have been plugged or something. One last thing was the access. It's very hard to find this place if you don't know the local roads. With modern GPS powered phones this isn't a huge issue but there are some that will find this very frustrating since you have to do a long drive if you miss the "hidden" turn.

S there you have it. Two of the mos important criteria to me didn't pass muster but everything else was superb hence the 3 star rating. I hope this helps.

Sailright

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sailright
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for the nice comments about our friendly staff, the clean and comfortable rooms and the very good breakfast. I also appreciate your honest feedback about the internet issues and the shower. I apologize for these problems as it sounds like the access point was down in your building. We have the ability to re-set these if they go down. I agree with you that the Speakman shower heads are the best and we are in the process of putting these in all of our rooms.

I hope we get another opportunity to host you when your travel plans bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here back in August and could not be happier. I flew into Philly from San Diego and decided to stay in Cherry Hill since I was visiting family both in Philly and NJ and I am so glad I found this hotel. From the moment I checked in I felt welcomed! The young lady at the front desk was so helpful finding me a cab as well as local eateries and did everything with a smile. I was pleasantly surprised that even though I was on the highway side, it was still a very quiet room.

I can wait to come back east to stay at the Residence Inn again!!! Thanks you guys rock!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DKNJ54
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for the very nice comments about your recent stay. Even though we are located in South Jersey, we are very convenient to Philadelphia. Next time you come back to the area we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here 1 night, and left in a hurry. Appearance of room although similar to the brand, was one of neglect. Outside access to all rooms making a single female travelling feel very unsafe. My room was at the back of the property and I was certainly glad it was daytime as I found the front door to my room which was not well signed from the parking area. Location right on major road made for a very noisy night, and I kept thinking the window was open. Insulation was poor. Front desk staff very pleasant. Evening food offering was very strange - tuna salad. Missed the road to the hotel on the first pass, not easy to find.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your experience. We hear mostly positive comments from our female travelers on our residential, townhome layout so I was surprised by your concerns. Our property is located in a suburban environment off route 70 by the route 295 on ramp. I apologize for the difficulty you had finding us.