“Classic Marriott Residence Inn property”

Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had an overall fine experience at this Inn. We stayed here with another couple for New Year's Eve. I had my small dog with me and they were welcoming to us and our furry family member. Our friend's room smelled a bit funny but they were moved to another room right away when the problem was mentioned to the staff at registration. Both rooms were comfortable and the kitchens were well stocked with cooking and dining utensils. The bathroom was small but clean and perfectly efficient. We had a double - double room. The breakfast the next day was very good. The buffet needed restocking and the staff seemed to disappear at the moment it did, but I asked a manager to help and everything was set right within minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a king or double double room if you want a fireplace. Be aware that you will need to buy dur...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We booked a studio (1 queen, 1 sofabed). Good proximity to the highway and close to the Cherryhill shopping mall. The room is clean and the TV was equipped with HD channels. The dining area for breakfast is small but cozy. Free and fast WiFi. Free outdoor parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Although an older hotel, the friendliness and helpfulness of Liza and Mike made our stay very nice. The rooms need a little upgrading with new mattresses needed. Overall the price was good for the value and the complimentary buffet breakfast was a plus. We were hauling a trailer and Liza at the front desk, made sure we got a room near where we could keep an eye on it. I would definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A conveniently located and roomy inn located near 295 in Cherry Hill, NJ. The rooms were well-stocked in kitchen supplies, etc. The decor was updated and the beds were comfortable. we had a 2 double bed room with sleeper sofa and a fireplace was included. Also included was a free, hot breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I just stayed here last night for business and I typically always stay at a Residence Inn as I like to cook something simple and relax. This hotel exceeded my expectations from the loft to the beautiful kitchen to the real wood burning fireplace! Couldn't wait to use it and it was so nice to relax after a long day of business in front of a fire. The room was very clean and the staff was more than helpful. This will be my preferred hotel when I'm in the are for sure!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank snoopy120208
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your nice review of our property. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This Residence Inn had the requisite spacious suite with kitchen and associated amenities. However, this is a tired property in need of an upgrade investment. The beds were too soft, the furniture seemed dingy, the bathroom was old and the room itself was quite dark. (I am comparing these to other Residence Inns where I have stayed.)

The check-in staff was friendly and welcoming enough and the breakfast was standard but decent fare. One big plus is a decent health club just next door which can be used if you are a guest.

It was slightly confusing in order to get to this property - especially if you are traveling eastbound on the main road near the hotel.

While in general I enjoy Residence Inns, I can not recommend this property unless they improve the quality of the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bt_mpls_traveler
Dan W, General Manager at Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your comments. I was surprised that you disliked the suite as we completely renovated every room in late 2011. I have not heard any previous comments about the rooms being dark, especially with the light color carpet. The majority of our guests are very satisfied with the decor and the new HD tv's, new appliances, new lighting, new artwork, etc.

The gym across the street is a great bonus for all of our guests to enjoy. This facility has weight rooms, indoor basketball and tennis, yoga and zumba classes; much more than the typical hotel gym.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

A nice place just off the main road. Not a lot of road noise to be heard from our room. The rooms are very spacious and its nice to have a small kitchen. My only complaint is there is no fireplace in the King bed rooms. You have to get a Queen size room for the fireplace. The description on the site states "The 96 air-conditioned guestrooms at Residence Inn by Marriott Cherry Hill include fireplaces and CD players." This is not true. I brought this up to the lady working the front desk and said there was nothing she could do to switch us. I didn't believe it for a minute. There were not that many cars in the parking lot. She said we booked through a online site and could not accommodate my switch. That is the first I have ever heard that from any hotel. I will think twice before coming to this hotel again. We have family in the area and is close to them.

Room Tip: If you want a fireplace like we wanted you have to get the queen room only
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry for the confusion about the fireplaces in our suites. 72 of our 96 suites have fireplaces. The 2 bedroom suites and all studio queen and studio doubles have fireplaces. Our hotel is often sold out even though the parking lot is not full. Many of our guests arrive by taxi from nearby Philadelphia airport.

Please contact me directly when you return to the area to visit your family. I will ensure you get a nice, cozy fireplace suite. Thank you for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherry Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
#5 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill

Been to Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia? Share your experiences!