“should have listened about beds!!!”

Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I stayed at the Residence Inn for a long weekend recently. The location was good with easy access off/on a major road but secluded enough to be quiet. I should have listened to previous reviews regarding the condition of the beds. Being the optimist, I decided to stay for two nights. Well, the beds were as bad as they said, mattresses were very very uncomfortable to the point where I awoke with a backache. The room itself was clean. Upstairs from us was a guest who walked the entire night, which kept us all awake, no fault of the hotel, as they have no control over guest activities in their room. The toilet would not flush at 9:30 our first night, called front desk and told we had to come get the plunger outselves as there was nobody to deliver to us. I have to say that anyone we encountered who worked for the hotel was friendly and accomadating but unfortunately we will not be returning. We checked out and went to a full service marriott within the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2010

No complaints here. Staff were great, ample parking, air conditioned in awful heat wave, that was GREAT. Food in the restaurant was wonderful and the waiters ( I ate there twice in 3 days) were wonderful, polite, and helpful. Front desk people were real pros, and my room was spic and span. would stay here anytime. :)

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I stayed here for a week recently on a business assignment. I was not quite sure what to expect based on the varying reviews. I was pleased with the room and property. I do agree that it can be a bit hard to find, with the Route 70 signs making you think you are in the lane for Interstate 295 North. There are only little signs saying that there is a turn coming up and then the turn or Old Cuthbert Rd, with the sign at the street partially obscured by weeds. The sign is not visible form Rte 70.

The check in was friendly and efficient, even at the 11PM hour I arrived. My king unit was typically room for this type of RI. The interior was clean, not worn.. not contemporary, but nice. The full kitchen had every appliance and accessories to make a dinner, with a full frig, microwave and stove with an oven.

The bathroom was reasonably sized, with the sink & vanity outside the room with the shower and toilet. Water was hot, plentiful with good pressure.

Despite being near I295 & Rt 70, the room was quiet.

The included breakfast was plentiful, with daily scrambled eggs, a pot of hot oatmeal, a hot waffle maker, cereals, cut up and whole fruits, potatoes/biscuits/sausage patties/bacon various days. The evening, if you made by 7 or 7:30, had food. One nights it was hamburgers & fixin's, grilled chicken, another chicken tenders and fries. certainly could save money for people traveling if you like the evening's choice. I had a burger and a piece of grilled chicken with sliced tomatoes... very god and plenty of both.

I would stay again... but may not because Marriott gives 5 Rewards Points now for every $1 spent at all Residence Inns, versus the $10 per they used to give.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We had friendly staff at this Residence Inn, and the kids enjoyed the "loft" room, although I was dreadfully fearful that my 3-year-old might plunge over the wall in the loft from the bed down to the lower level. They should really have those walls finished to reach up all the way to the ceiling so that no one loses a child over the loft wall.
But it was nice to have the extra space with 2 queen beds and sleeper sofa. Each bed, including the sofa, had it's own space in the residence.
I have a few other complaints about this particular hotel.
1. First and foremost, the mattresses need to be replaced!! My bed felt like it was about 20 years old. It "sagged" in the middle. The sleeper sofa mattress also looked a bit dingy.
2. The pool area needs a face-lift. I didn't understand the extra concrete staircase that went above the pool side. What was that all about? Pool is also an outdoor pool next to the lobby, and the lobby is in a separate building from the guest rooms. You will have to walk across the parking lot to get to the pool.
3. Door handles, tub drains and faucets in our room weren't all working properly.
4. My bedroom was badly in need of a new paint job. There scuff marks all over one wall in particular.
5. Finally, if you reserve a "loft" room with 2 queen beds, sleeper sofa in 2 separate bedroom areas, be aware that there's no elevator to those rooms, and they're all on the second floor. So you will have to walk up a steep flight of stairs with your luggage in all the elements--snow, rain, humidity, etc. because they're outdoor corridors.
6. We're not from New Jersey, and if you aren't from the area, be aware of New Jersey's crazy traffic system. There are very few left-hand turns allowed anywhere. You will have to turn right, turn right, turn right to get anywhere. Allow for 3 times the amount of time to get anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I was here for 4 days on a business trip. I found the the inn very nice, great breakfast, coffee and juice all day. Very friendly staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We just stayed one night. Myself and my husband and three friends. The full kitchen was great. It was a super-easy drive from Philadelphia, right on a main highway.

All of the staff members who we interracted with were wonderful, friendly and professional. The bi-level two bedroom suite was interesting; the second bedroom is loft-style without doors. It worked out fine. The rooms are a bit older but well kept. They also allow pets with an extra fee, which was terrific since we travel with our dogs. Good sized grass area to walk the dogs on leash.

The breakfast was fantastic (with the exception of a large group of rude, coughing/sneezing/sniffling, inconsiderate Vanderbilt girls lacrosse players which was of course not the hotel's fault).

There's a small brewery, Flying Fish, that's five minutes from the hotel. They give free Saturday tours, check their website to be sure of times. Another great find in the area. Make sure to take the address, it's kind of off the main roads and easy to miss.

And if you go into Philly, make sure to stop in at Franklin's Fountain and Eastern State Penitentiary.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank dani42379
Reviewed 6 October 2009

The hotel was nice and safe. Also had access to a nearby nice gym. Getting in and out was a bear due to the location. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
#1 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill

Been to Residence Inn Cherry Hill Philadelphia? Share your experiences!