“Pet friendly during Sandy storm.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Barnegat Light, New Jersey
“Pet friendly during Sandy storm.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

We came from the Jersey shore as evacuations were underway. The staff at Cherry Hill were very warm in welcoming us. The hotel was sold out and full of dogs, including ours. The place was extremely quiet considering all of the pets. Yes, the power did go out in a portion of the hotel, but the staff spent extra efforts to accommodate those without power. Many thanks to those worked at the hotel during these difficult days..

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you very much for writing such a nice review of the hotel. I am my staff hope to be able to provide great service to you for any future needs in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

the staff have always been great. the rooms have improved greatly since we have been staying here. was very happy to see the water purifier , the four pillows,and the larger tv. the outside have been greatly updated this year

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the upgrades the hotel has put in place. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have had truly wonderful experiences with staying at the Extended Stay America located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. The entire staff has been very professional, courteous, respectful, and so very helpful. Before I first checked in the Front Desk Staff assisted me with finding the Hotel when I had passed by the location. She was very patient with me in determining where I was and how to return to the hotel. She also assisted me in the checked process with her professional manner and wonderful smile that helped me feel much better about my day and the business that awaited me. The facility was perfect; my room was perfect for business professionals and had all the amenities that I required. The other staff member made my stay wonderful and very comfortable. I would recommend the Cherry Hill location to any and everyone. The Front desk person should be used to train other new staff on how to make a visitor feel at home. I cannot recall her name, but I believe that it is Marjorie or similar. The General Manager Rolanda Mulbah ensured that my stay was great and was also very helpful. I look forward to my next stay at my hotel of choice in the New Jersey area.

Room Tip: I prefer bottom floor corners. I have not had any issues with noise or area. Perfect Hotel locatio...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a GREAT review. I'm so pleased to hear that I and my staff were able to make your stay a pleasant one. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

I've been here inside my room for only 15 minutes, and found issues with the housekeeping here. I will start of by saying that as I entered the room a strong odor of bleach hit me like a brick wall. Atleast I knew the room was cleaned prior to my visit, however, it wasn't clean enough for me. There is a total lack of attention to detail here, and I will tell you why. After I turned on the lights I head straight for the air conditioner to get fresh air flowing in here. I then walked back to the kitchen area, and saw a loose strand of hair on the kitchen counter. Strands of hair on any kitchen counter is disgusting. I then checked the bathroom, and saw several long strands of hair on the of the toilet seat. Again, a total lack of attention to detail. When housekeeping service these rooms they must do a thorough walk through of all spaces, and clean anything that was missed prior to leaving the room. This hotel is a little dated, but not too old. The shower spout had lime, and calcium buildups, and probably never gets cleaned. It was not secured to the wall. The few positives are free Wi-Fi, the location is in quiet area, but close to major highways. Philadelphia is a 30 minute drive from here, and about 40 minutes to Atlantic City. My non-smoking room didn't smell like cigarette smoke. The room costed 85 dollars including tax. I had cleaner rooms for the same price.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
ESH_Manager, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Jefferson, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed several days at this Hotel. The room was clean, functional, and a good price for the location. The hotel itself was also clean and neat. The exceptional aspect of this facility was it's staff. The front desk staff were very friendly, efficient, and response to a complaint that we had. They made the difference for this hotel. There are many places to stay in this area, but I would return because the customer service was exceptional. We travel frequently and have seen the worst and the best, but the difference in my book is the people who work for the the corporation. Extended stay is to be commended for having employees like Rolanda and Marjorie. Their customer service style is not seen frequently these days.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of the staff, especially Rolanda and Marjorie. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Chula Vista, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed here on our short detour to Philadelphia after having spent 5 days in Washington, DC. I guess I got really spoiled at our previous hotel that I was a little disappointed when I got inside the room. It beats the heck out of me why my husband would choose to stay at a place specifically named Extended Stay when we're only going to be there for a couple of days...but anyway, this isn't a bad place to stay at all. Our room was clean and has kitchen amenities such as the fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and toaster. They also have eating utensils, but I only used the coffeemaker, and you can ask for free coffee pouches at the front desk if you run out. Housekeeping is only for those who stays more than 7 days, but you can ask for fresh towels at the front desk, too. The bathroom was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. The Wifi connection was pretty reliable, too, which was a plus for me because I needed to submit a few assignments for school.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the free WiFi we offer, thought the beds were comfortable and that our staff was so accommodating. We strive to meet our guests expectations and it is so rewarding to know that we were able to do this!

Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

I'm on a tight budget and this place fits my budget. It exceeds expectations. The rooms are big. The faciliy is clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherry Hill
Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - Cherry Hill

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill? Share your experiences!