“Good Value location in Cherry Hill”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Ithaca, New York
“Good Value location in Cherry Hill”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for a concert in Camden- we didn't need to be in Philly, and this was about 40% less expensive than some of the other hotels about 3 miles down the road. This worked for us.

We checked in late- around 10 pm, and the check in was pleasant. All of the staff that we encountered were polite, friendly and very nice to deal with.

The trick to enjoying this property is to realize that it is really different from a regular 'hotel'. Notice that the word 'hotel' is not even in the name. These rooms are like a studio apartment with a small kitchen area. This is handy for leftovers, or if you need a fridge for any reason. There are cups/dishes & silverware for 2 people in the rooms, and I believe a coffee pot, which we did not use.

The target clientele for this property are people who may need to stay for a week or weeks at a time- short term rentals and such. Perhaps working in the area on a project. So housekeeping is only done on a weekly basis, and towels are refreshed weekly or if you take your used ones to the front desk in the morning to trade out for new ones. This is fine- but if you go and are expecting a mint on your pillow of your made up bed with changed linens, you are in for a big surprise. If your expectations are in check with what they have to offer, you'll be fine. It was no big deal to walk down the hall to the front desk with the towels before we left and get fresh ones.

The grab & go breakfast was coffee/hot beverages, oatmeal packets, apples & oranges, oatmeal bars and pre-packaged muffins. Very simple.

We did not use the wi-fi.

We had 2 rooms on the first floor. This was convenient, as we were near the key-card locking side entrance.

The bed was a little hard, the towels were a bit scratchy. There were soap bars and a packet of dishwashing liquid, but no other amenities- remember, not the same stuff available as a hotel.
If there was a safe in the room, I didn't see it.

The location was right off the 295 exit on Route 70. In your GPS, you might find it listed as Marlton PIke. We couldn't get Route 70 to come up. You WILL need to do a Jersey Jughandle U turn to get to the hotel or out of the hotel, depending on which way you are coming from. Follow the U Turn directions or make sure you have your GPS turned on. If you are not used to this NJ thing, you will get frustrated quickly! You can't really walk to anywhere from here- this is entirely a driving location.

Noise quality- if there was loud activity in the hallways you will hear it. But this isn't a rowdy place. As an extended stay property, this is really for the early to bed and up and out early for work crowd. Short term guests will still feel equally welcome, though.

There is a laundry & vending machine room on the first floor near the lobby.

For the price paid, it was an excellent value. It was clean, in a safe area, and adequately comfortable. If you are willing to think outside the regular hotel box, this is a good choice. If you are looking for the regular hotel amenities- daily housekeeping, fancy lobby, business center, pool, etc. this might not work. It was fine for us. This is a solid, decent property.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are more convenient
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OttoCal
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am, however, sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the comfort of the mattress and the quality of the towels. Please know that we are constantly making improvements at our property and, as we do so, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sterling, VA
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I had a comfortable stay here for a couple days last week. The room was clean, the TV was new, the Wifi was acceptable, and the breakfast was basic. The only gripe I have is there were no wake up calls available. This is the first hotel in my life that I encountered this. I used the alarm clock in the room and it did not go off in the morning. Furthermore, the clock advanced itself by 32 minutes. I am thankful we used the clocks on our I-phones or we would have missed our appointments.
In conclusion, I would stay here for leisure but not for business. The guests who stay here seem to be loud and a little wild. We had to complain to the front desk because our neighbors were very loud after midnight. They did not quiet down after hotel staff told them to do so. This is not the fault of the property, but I think that a more expensive hotel (i.e., the Residence Inn across the street) will filter out the noisy bargain hunters and may provide a more restful stay. I found out that most of the guests here book on Priceline and pay half price for the rooms.

Room Tip: Bid on Priceline for a two star hotel and you have a good chance of getting a room for $45-50.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to provide you with a wake-up call and for the noise disturbances from the room next door. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay and that our amenities met all your needs.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Very clean hotel room with great access to freeways. Friendly staff. Good access to Philadelphia attractions without downtown prices. Hallways were fairly smoky smelling. Non-smoking room was generally odor-free. Overall good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel, the friendliness of our staff, and our accessibility to all major highways. Our most important goal is assuring that our guests are happy and it always pleases me when we get the type of feedback indicating that we have done so! Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I'd like to say I was awoken by a pinched bug crawling up my arm at 4AM but unfortunately I had yet to fell asleep. Between a horribly uncomfortable bed with the worst pile of old pillows, the noisy and confused air conditioner and random vacuuming I had yet to fall asleep. The room was filthy and even before the bug I felt like stuff was crawling on me. The table you were meant to eat on was about about one glassful of milk's weight from collapsing. The TV was full sometimes clear and sometimes full of noise and the channel selection was very limited. The wifi asked for a code each time you clicked to change the web page and constantly asked for you to upgrade to $$$ service. The laminate floors were sticky and you had to wear your shoes. On outlet was left with no cover on it, we had a 4yo with us. The fabric covered furniture was also kind of sticky and moist feeling. The desk lady was rude after we talked to her about the wifi and was super rude to our 13yo daughter, so we had no reason to want to deal with the laundry list of other horrible conditions. Never again. I felt awful the next day for the family event we were in Cherry Hill for. We go to Cherry Hill a lot and have just started getting rooms instead of staying with family, we will stick to the Hampton from now on, TOTALLy not worth saving less than 100 bucks.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with my maintenance and housekeeping team to thoroughly inspect and address any issues in the room you occupied as well as the others to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at pch@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Cherry Hill hotels

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I am a front desk agent/night auditor myself and I definitely expect great customer service wherever I go. Shakil was professional, outgoing, and genuine. He helped me with directions and even reccomended great places to visit in the greater Philadelphia area. After having a bad day, Shakil really made my day at check-in. Hooray for awesome front desk agents!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Cherry Hill. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like Shakil hit a home run in your case!

Nevada City, California, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Best Hotel Staff and Management at any ESA in America. They always called me by my name. Great Coffee too..
They bent over backwards to help me in any situation that arose.. Very close to all shopping and Restaurants. I look forward to staying here again next year..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
John,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your recent stay. When I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. We look forward to seeing again on your return travel to the Philadelphia -Cherry Hill area.
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Located in a good area. Easily accessible from local interstates. Friendly, welcoming staff. Rooms were nicely set and ready upon arrival. I noticed pets their with guests however they were no problem OR inconvenience! I would definitely stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm thrilled that the hotel was a good choice for you. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherry Hill
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
#1 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Cherry Hill? Share your experiences!