“Don't Eat Here”

Add it.
The Metro Grill
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A welcome gem nestled in the valleys of the Flanders / Chester, New Jersey area. The Metro Grille specializes in International cuisine from Steak to Sushi. Our goal is to bring to you the essence of New York City style with our distinctive atmosphere and decor, whether in the warm ambiance of our dining room or relaxing on a sofa in our martini bar lounge.
Flanders, New Jersey
“Don't Eat Here”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We have frequented this restaurant numerous times. I would recommend this place only to drink.
It is nothing other than a bar crowd.
It uesed to be that they had good sushi, but no longer.
If you want a martini or a draft beer go here.

Visited October 2012

New Jersey
“Almost hate to share this little gem”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Best sushi on the planet and we are serious foodies having had sushi at many places including Nobu in NYC. Menu is always creative and the Chef is clearly talented and proud of what comes out of the kitchen. The bar is fun with a friendly staff.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank MsP59
“Dinner”
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

I went with a friend on a very slow evening, maybe four other tables maybe. The atmosphere is great the food and wine were lovely. The server, not so much. He wasn't really listening to us when we ordered and brought out something my friend didn't order. After she got the correct meal he never came back even once to ask if all was ok. We wanted another drink and had to catch his attention in between him checking his phone and chatting at the bar. I won't judge the place on this one waiter. I may give it another try.

1 Thank pandl0906
Seattle, Washington
“Worst Service I have Ever experienced”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I heard so much good about the sushi and couldn't wait to try this place. I came from the west coast to visit family and was looking forward to a night out with them. They were busy so I understood the hour wait but when we were seated, it was another 20 minutes (with lots of eye contact from employees including the manager but no one came to the table) before a waiter even said hello and after she finally did, we didn't even get water on our table for another 20 minutes after that. To be honest, it wasn't even very busy at this point in the night. After an hour of sitting, she returned to tell us that there was no steak at all so my brother ordered a mediocre tasting burger. Finally, about an hour and a half sitting, the food arrived...well everyone's food but the people who ordered sushi. By the time the sushi arrived, everyone else finished eating. Now the sushi lived up to my expectations, I truly enjoyed it. Very sad, I can not say anything good about the service. The manager didn't even come over and apologize or let us know what was going on. Disappointing. I enjoy the time with my family and wouldn't have minded the slow service if the staff was friendly, apologized, and kept us in the loop and geez at least have some water and a drink on the table right away.

• Visited July 2012
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Well worth a visit: eclectic, pleasant, friendly, wide price range”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We have been very pleased with this relatively small, comfortable sushi bar/American steak house /martini bar. You'd never think they'd make all this work, but they do! What we appreciate most is that you don't have to spend an arm and a leg for a very good, interesting, restful meal. Yes, you can go upscale with the aged beef entrees, but even they are not over the top for price. You can also simply have the burger, and it is very good, indeed--or move up to the Kobe burger!. The sushi is imaginative and the martinis are a good match. The service was attentive and the property clean and well maintained. And, as noted, the prices are not out of control at all. It is right on Route 206 south in Chester, an easy ten minutes from Interstate 80.

• Visited April 2012