“Great Service - Average Food”

Sweet Water Bar and Grill
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Cinnaminson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Great Service - Average Food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped in for lunch and was greeted by a very friendly staff. Since it wasn't crowded, we were seated in a booth by a large window and it was very bright and cheery.

The food was average. I ordered the special chicken sandwich which, I learned from the check, was supposed to come with a glass of beer included. Since this was not explained to me, I ordered a soda for which I was charged and I never got the beer. Minor point, but I would expect that they would have included the soda instead of the beer.

The sandwich was just okay. Same with the food for the others who joined me.

All-in-all, not a great experience, but worth another try.

• Visited May 2014

Bayonne, NJ
“An upscale version of Hathaways”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

More upscale sister to the attached Hathaways Diner with an outside seating area, but still casual. Solid menu. Good food. Nice atmosphere. High quality bar with decent beer selection. Never too crowded.

• Visited November 2013
Wake, Virginia
“surpassed expectations”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Made first visit to this location 5/7/14. It is associated / Hathaway's Diner and my husband & I went in expecting nothing special with regards to the food. We were impressed and then some. Firstly, our server was exceptionally friendly and understanding when we asked to be moved to another table due to noisy kids at an adjacent table. Sher gladly assisted us to another area of the restaurant and attended to us through our meal with gracious professionalism. We had the mild wings for an appetizer and found them to be rather tasty. For the main course yy husband had the Thanksgiving sandwich and I had the crabcake burger. The first thing I noticed was that the fries that came w/the sandwich were delicious...definitley made onsite. Then I noted that the quality of the beef for my burger was great. I was told later by one of the owner/operators that they grind their own meat. The crabcake portion of the sandwich had much more true crabmeat than found in most other restaurants and it was good. My husband devoured his sandwich and said it delicious. Wewill definitely return to this location.

• Visited May 2014
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Better places in town”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Cinnaminson it not withouylt its fair share of dining establishments. When this location opened the first few weeks the food was really good. Then something happened and the quality went south. The food became very under flavored and overcooked. We gave it a few more tries on different nights and noticed the same lack of taste. The place is never busy even on a Friday or saturday when you would expect a wait. We know why. It's a shame whatever change happened that has kept us away.

• Visited December 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Solid 3.5+ rating”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Sweet Water is the evening dinner bar component of Hathaway's. It is a solid dining choice with decent variety including appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entrees with basic well prepared food and attentive service. It's a good choice for dining in the neighborhood but not necessarily a dining destination itself. There are other options that offer a more complete meal for the price, if ordering entrees. Sandwiches were served with French fries. There is an extensive cocktail menu as well as beers and wines.

• Visited January 2014