“Great park for families & large groups”

Clementon Park and Splash World
Aiken, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great park for families & large groups”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit to this park. Our group enjoyed the catering & the flexibility to being in our own picnic food in the pavilion. We were never concerned about food/drinks the entire time. The rides & water attractions were great & all of the family enjoyed themselves. This park also had a great gospel concert & other music groups throughout the day. Love this park! You do large groups well.

2 Thank Kim R

Charleston, West Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visited the park while in New Jersey visiting family. There were 9 of us and we all had an excellent time. The staff did an excellent job dealing with the volume of people. I was really impressed with the way everything was organized. I am happy that my niece recommended this place. We will be coming back next year!

2 Thank ontheroadagainjc
Clementon P, General Manager at Clementon Park and Splash World, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear ontheroadagainjc,

Thank you very much for making a trip to Clementon Park and Splash World part of your travels to New Jersey. I hope the rest of your time in our state was as enjoyable as your visit to our Park.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our Park and are pleased that you and your family had a "great time". All the hard work we do in planning, preparing and delivering as good of an entertainment product as we can is all made worthwhile when we get complimented. It's wonderful knowing we were able to help you and your family make some fond and lasting memories.

Please come see us again next summer!

Mantua, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The people there is what ruins it”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The price is fine, the rides are fine. However, the people that go there is what seems to be the problem..It is filled with low class rude people. They are loud, they curse, they throw their trash wherever the please. The parents don't watch the kids, the chaperons don't watch the kids. The park should have a limit on the Adult:Kid ratio for groups.

15 Thank Darren D
Clementon P, General Manager at Clementon Park and Splash World, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear DarrenD,

Thank you for recently visiting Clementon Park and Splash World and for taking the time to review the Park here on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate hearing from our Guests and do our best to be responsive when a review is less than glowing.

I apologize that on the day you visited that there were apparently a few unruly Guests who visited that day as part of a group. While many of our Guests each year do visit with a group, be it a school, camp or church group or as part of a corporate event, we hold these Guests to the very same standards of behavior that we do our non-group visitors. And while we do require that chaperones accompany most of these groups (in fact, we give chaperones free tickets in order to encourage more to come), sometimes one or two misbehaving youngsters can go a long way to compromising other Guest's experience that day. I apologize that we failed to notice the behavior you mention but will be sure to discuss your concerns with our leadership team.

As for your comments about the Park itself, thank you for your positive remarks. We have worked very hard to improve the facility in every way over my seven years at the helm and it's good to know that it is being noticed.

South Jersey
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Can't Beat the Price and Distance”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I grew up going to Clementon Park as a child and loved it. It's changed a ton since then, but for a child it's still a great place to visit. I love that it's merely 20 minutes away from my house, and is probably the most reasonably priced park that contains water park in the area.

The $10 off Wendy's coupon can't be beat, especially for a family of four. The food and food prices are as you would find at any park - pricey and mediocre, but not horrible. The staff is hot or miss - some don't seem too happy, but others, like the young man who helped my son with first aid when he got cut, the young man working the Ferris wheel, or the security people at the gate are great. Parking is $10, which is average for parks as well.

Unlike other reviewers, I did not find it dirty at all. The ride portion of the park is older, as are the rides, but not unsanitary by any means. The water park is clean as well, and I didn't experience dirty water in any of the attractions.

All in all, since we're a family on a budget, and the kids love it there, we will definitely go back again.

Visited June 2014
Dear prgirl73,

Thank you for visiting Clementon Park and Splash World this past June and for taking the time to tell folks about your experience here on TripAdvisor. Your positive remarks give us welcomed reassurance that the changes to the Park over the last few years are being noticed.

I feel you are so right about the price of admission and the Park's close proximity. We know that today many families are looking for affordable ways to have fun together and with the many discount admission offers available plus how it does not take a lot of gas (or time) to get here, Clementon Park and Splash World truly is a fantastic alternative to those bigger, more expensive theme and water parks. Plus, for younger families, the Park is just the right size in that it's easy to manage and the kids are never too far away, yet there's still a full day's fun to be had.

And I also appreciate your remark about the Park's cleanliness. We have become maniacal when it comes to keeping the grounds and restrooms clean and I'll venture to say that no park in the region is cleaner than Clementon Park and Splash World.

Thanks again for your positive review.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Chicken wings and dirty diapers.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this amusement park as we got tickets for $10 so it couldn't be beat. The rides were fine but the filth was unbelievable. We saw chicken wings floating on the lazy river. Garbage and dirty diapers were everywhere.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank teacherjesseka
Dear teacherjesseka,

Thanks for visiting Clementon Park and Splash World last season in 2013 and for reviewing the Park on July 11, 2014. We greatly appreciate hearing from our Guests as it is a great way to know how we are doing.

I apologize that on the day of your visit we apparently were not at our best. We take great pride in offering young families the cleanest theme and water park experience in the region and regret that we apparently took our eye off the ball for few minutes. I can assure you were on on it! In the future, should you visit the Park again and notice anything that needs our immediate attention, please bring it to our attention that moment and I promise we'll be extremely responsive to your concern.

I hope that the rest of your visit was enjoyable.