“Not good..”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
College Park, Maryland
“Not good..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 10 days. The location is very good, is just 10 min from manhattan in car. And if you dont have a car there is a bus that takes you round trip for 8$.. The departure times are 8:45 and 11:00.. And the return is in the same place at, 8:00,9:00 and 10:00pm. The breakfast is good, just like other "la quinta".. I have to say that the staff is reaally nice and friendly, Deanne at the front desk is very nice and friendly...
NOW... THEY HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH THE CLEANING... The halls smelled like food.. Like indian food with a lot of curry.. The halls were dirty all the time.. People left the garbage in the door of the rooms.. The conditions and the Hygiene were very veryy BAD!!! Another thing, THEY ONLY CLEAN YOUR ROOM twice a week.. Thats something you must know because we didnt.. By the way, we have stayed in 8 different "la quinta" and it is the first time that this happens to us... You only have two laundrys and they are always full because is a giant place... The bathroom is very uncomfortable...
Well, the hotel is good located, is cheap to be that close to manhattan, but the Hygiene is not good at all... Basically for the smell... And that was a problem ALL THE DAYS I WAS THERE.. The rooms are good, but as I said the hygiene... I am giving 2 stars and not 0 stars because the staff was very nice and is close by to manhattan...

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jose R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Algonquin, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Only nice review I can give is the front desk staff was nice, never rude. We were shown several rooms before we settled, and I say that lightly, after over an hour of looking at rooms, our first room was pouring rain into the room, the second room smelled awful, 3rd and 4th rooms were at the very back of the hotel and had not been given any attention, ceiling tiles were coming down, old, dirty, smelled. The elevator was questionable at best, at one point the door would not open when coming to the first floor, which prompted us to look for a certificate of operation, which it did not have, the carpet was ripped and disgusting and dirty in the elevator as well. The pool was disgusting. As you can see from the pictures posted the pool is very clean up to the water line but above the water line the soap scum speaks for itself. I even question if the pool had a decent amount of chlorine in it as you could not smell it in the air. While at the pool we were also sharing space with a coach roach. In my room when picking up the sheet I found a very long dark hair on the mattress pad, and in our second room while taking a shower, the floor of the tub was like a floating floor, as there was water underneath the tub sitting and sloshing around. I have stayed in many hotels and this was by far the worst place ever. I spoke with customer service first thing in the morning and the GM called me ASAP and informed me that we would not be charged for our one night stay. That was great but this stay ruined a very short trip in to town for a wedding as we had to spend so much time looking for another room and then moving.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank kim r

Travellers are raving about these Clifton hotels

Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We staying at La Quinta Inn for one night on 9/3/2013. We had been warned that many area hotels were not good, and this was suggested as the better of the lower cost options (~$100 night vs $200+).

Overall, it was certainly acceptable stay. The person at the front desk was helpful and checked us in quickly. We were assigned to an ADA-compliant room on the first floor (I booked this because it was the cheapest room with 2 beds) and we were offered to move to a higher floor.

Signs around the hotel indicated they were replacing wallpaper in the hallways, and it could be seen in the appearance. However, other than that the areas of the hotel we were in looked clean and kept up. The room was clean as well.

The breakfast was certainly nothing special, but there were cereals, bagels, etc.

Exiting the hotel onto a very, very business road was challenging at times.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Eilat, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Dont know where to begin! let's just say i will NEVER be returning to this hotel. Dirty rooms, dirty hallways, rude and uncaring staff members. was told manager was new and is still fixing things but he couldnt see me so I left. very dissapointed!!!!! I was here before and things are now worse. Old staff all gone and new staff is terrible. my rooms is sloppy and new rroom they moved me to was worse. staff seemed uncaring. manager needs some serious training. i have stayed in hostels so i am no prude but if the staff doesn;t care so i left. i went to another la quinta and they are 100 times better an most importantly, NICE AND FRIENDLY. i write this now from their hotel and plan on staying here much more i like it so much.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Yelena R
Altoona, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was really impressed with the location of this hotel. Though I struggled at first to find it because of the crazy highway, it is located in a great place with lots of places to shop, eat, socialize, etc. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. On the other hand, I wasn't too impressed with the hallways and elevators weren't working well. Aside from that, the breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly. The price also worked out well for our trip. I was very pleased and would visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank J K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford? Share your experiences!