“Ummm....NO THANKS!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Brooklyn, New York
“Ummm....NO THANKS!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Was supposed to stay here during a two week training class. I needed a clean, quiet place to study and rest... Didn't get that here!

Dirty hallways; dusty lights; messy room that didnt seem clean; lobby bathroom reminded me of a port-o-potty at a grateful dead concert. uncaring staff and rude manager whom i wanted to speak to but heard him speaking to the staff and decided not to. I left after a day and went to another location and it was night and day difference. Laquinta Corporate Managers need to come and investigate this hotel....Undercover Boss??

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KM K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
East Millstone, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I would rate this hotel as poor - the room smelled awful and this facility needs updating. Looked like the hallways and rooms have not been maintained for some time. My clothes smelled when I got home. No opportunity to request non-smoking room when I called to make reservation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Richard B

Travellers are raving about these Clifton hotels

Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We checked in late and the place was very very skeevy! We were tempted to go to another hotel, but since it was just going to be the one night we stayed. The lobby is ok, but the activity of people with pit-bulls hanging around the side entrances was horrible. The halls were dark and activity with people with coolers and loud calls in hallways left much to be desired. The rooms were not very clean and the bathrooms were very old/dirty. We could not get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R A
Sparks, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed in the executive King Suite at this hotel in NJ because it was a good price and close to my daughters college. For five nights the hot water was mostly a miss. It would warm up to a luke warm temperature and then get ice cold very quickly. This was extremely frustrating. The staff are nice, but their hands are tied obviously when it came to certain issues. The free breakfast was ok, wish there were more hot (protein) choices. The hotel hallways, elevators, etc. are outdated and dirty. The elevator to the 4th floor was very old, dirty and scary. The indoor pool is nice, but the jacuzzi smells so strong of bleach it was hard to sit in it and relax. I wouldn't stay there again, I would spend an extra 300 dollars at a nicer hotel that is clean and has unlimited hot water. Also, we could hear the people next to us at all times, the walls were very thin!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at La Quinta enroute to another destination and found the staff very accommodating, the rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel was extremely pet friendly. We traveled with two cats and a small dog and there was no charge for having pets in the room. We have added this chain to our lists of favorites.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

West Dundee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

This place should be closed down by the board of health!!!
I have never stayed at a filthier hotel anywhere. The smell that greets you upon entering the elevator is enough to make you sick . There is signage stating "pardon our dust during remodel" but the disgusting carpet is ripped and bunched up which could cause a serious tripping accident. Certificate of maintenance is nowhere to be found and the elevator makes grinding noise and sometimes doesn't open without hitting the buttons....another possibility for an accident. That brings me to the hallways. Walking to our room we passed very unsavory characters, it was evident that they were people who were living in rooms towards the back of the building. I must say we were concerned about safety. Although we were told that there was security walking the halls every hour and that the police were regularly patrolling the parking lots it did little to assure us of our safety. Question we asked was; exactly why so much security was needed in the first place! After one night we left.
When checking out ,I mentioned to the manager that my grandchildren and my daughter had gone to the pool and found it to be dirty. Leaving the area my daughter stepped on a metal sliver. It went deep into her foot. She was able to remove it quickly but the manager could have cared less, he never even asked if she needed a bandage.
My family stays at La Quinta's almost exclusively because we travel with a large family dog. As a rule this company is always clean, safe and well appointed .I don't mean to give them a black eye with this review but someone from Corporate should stay there unannounced and see for themselves what is representing their name. Reviews speak for themselves, wish I had paid more attention to them but I definitely will do so in the future!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here at All