“Needs repairs”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clifton
Woodstock
“Needs repairs”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family. 2 kids, 2 adults. The hotel is in an excellent location. Close to shopping, food and NYC.
They offer a shuttle into NYC daily for only $8 per person. It was a great way to see the city for a day.
From the hotel we drove to Hoboken, newark and red bank. All were an easy drive from hotel. Not a far drive from prudential centre either.
Hotel provides a free breakfast and it was tasty and provided variety.

The downfall.. The hotel is very old and in need of repairs which are being done. This will take time however. In my opinion the hotel should close down while certain things get done and then re-open. The elevators did not work for our entire stay. This was an issue for us. After walking 12 hours in NYC I did not want to climb stairs.

This was rectified for me by the manager. Customer service was excellent when issues arose.

I would stay here again but only after updates completed.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank jan1015

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
Clifton, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent value for money hotel. Stayed there for 24 nights and enjoyed my stay. Very close to Clifton commons, which had a good choice of restaurants, shopping, Barnes & Nobel and AMC for entertainment. Connectivity into the city was also not a problem as there is a NJ transit bus stop very close to the hotel or for train you can reach Rutherford or Secaucus Junction very easily. Overall and good value for money.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a nice and friendly hotel located in an excellent location short distance to NY (about 30 minute drive with a bus or a shuttle), near shopping center and resturants etc. Great breakfasts and very friendly and efficient staff.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The first floor was bright and inviting (aside from the large stained ceiling tile). I asked for a room on the first floor prior to my arrival but could not be accommodated. The room was relatively clean.

The hallway on the upper floor was dimly lit and the décor was dark. Although it was a relatively safe environment I did not feel safe due to the dark hallway décor and dim hallway lighting. This may not bother someone else but as a woman traveling alone I would have preferred a brightly lit and cheery hallway.

Upon arrival the TV did not work, the room was warm, the toilet did not flush however this was corrected immediately. Staff were always courteous. For the price it was a decent accommodation but if you like "fancy" and new this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor
1 Thank Mellowmelll
baltimore, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel is very clean, has an exercise room, and the rooms are very nice. Beds were extremely comfortable, I slept like a baby. There was a need for extra pillows and we recieved them in less than 5 minutes. The breakfast was better than I expected, there were scrambled eggs, a waffle maker, and a variety of muffins, bagels etc. Also the people at the front desk were very nice, and helpful with directions, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2014

right after I checked in, I took off my shoes and called my wife. As I looked up I could believe my eyes as the entire ceiling was covered with cob webs. The only time I have ever seen that many cob webs in one place was in a horse stable. In my 50 years of travel, I have never ever been in a room as un kept as that one. I called the front desk and they sent up their maintenance man. in the meantime I got the manager up. there were spiders galore and all over the ceiling. They immediately found me another room which altho in disrepair, the ceiling was clean. I look at all ceilings no matter where I stay now. This was so disgusting, words can't describe my feelings.

Room Tip: Stay away and if you must stay there check out the rooms first.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank joelay

Travellers are raving about these Clifton hotels

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very pleasant hotel with efficient and helpful staff. Very clean rooms, soft and comfy bedding, plenty of towels. Bathrooms looked newly remodeled; roomy showers. Hotel well situated with highways close by.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clifton
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#2 of 4 in West Orange
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton / Rutherford? Share your experiences!