“Very Good food service and take out is very slow”
Review of El Segundo - CLOSED

El Segundo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I love the food here. Their specials are invited and delicous. My only issues are service tends to be on the slow side and we stopped ordering take out since everytime we are told 15-20 min and we end up waiting for another 30+ min once we get there. I get the feeling they dont actually start making the take out orders until you arrive. This is not based on one experience this is based on over 5 tries. They are nice about it and have offered me a free soda occasionally, but they are ungodly slow

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We used to go to the owner's old restaurant in Frenchtown, so we were excited to see that they were back in Clinton. We went back in December. Had a very good meal from start to finish, except that our main courses were brought out while our appetizers were being cleared. Went back in March, and the main courses were brought out while my wife was finishing her salad. The food is great, too bad the servers or the kitchen can;t get the timing right. From when we sat down, we had the bill in less than 40 minutes on a Saturday night. Won't go back unless I am in a hurry.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent and the portion size is great, worth the price! Great service! I love their guacamole. The kids loved their meals too we can't wait to go back and try more things on the menu. The pork dish I had was excellent.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice and both times I had a delicious meal. The chips and salsa ~ obviously made on premise are SO fresh and yummy I find myself having a difficult time holding back. The service is really great ~ they seem to really care that everything is going well and the owner's girlfriend is AMAZING in the dining area. She is a fresh breath of air ~ so bubbly, polite and friendly. Our meals were all very generous (enough to take home for yet another meal) and cooked perfectly. Everyone eating there seemed very pleased and content. Mexican fare at Taco Bell is supposed to be cheap - if you want fresh Mexican fare then you will pay a bit more.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Not sure what has happened, but the quality of this restaurant has gone downhill from when it first opened. The food used to seem cooked to order, but on a recent visit, it seemed to come out faster than what would seem like that. It didn't seem as fresh as I remembered. The food can be hit and miss depending on when we go there.
The service is usually friendly and efficient when you get the right waitress. But they are often out of soda and soft drinks. It is noisy and not really the most relaxing place. I'd say go there for lunch. At dinner it can really be annoying.
It's sad that I have to write this review. I really liked this place when it first opened, but it is just not as good as it was when we first started going there. I hope things change back around for them. Clinton really needs more good restaurants.