“Great food. Great view.”
Review of River View - CLOSED

River View
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is our newest "go to" place to eat. Service is slow but if you have time to enjoy a meal it is worth the wait. Never had anything I didn't like and I like to try everything. Nice menu with some daily specials. Friendly wait staff.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I came on a weeknight later about 8:15pm and asked if they were still open & yes, they were till 9pm. The place was empty which I would expect at this time but I was very ok with that. I was a bit surprised by the prices here-on the higher side. I ordered the salmon with a lemon dill? sauce over mashed potatoes with asparagus~$21 and a side order of grilled veggies ~ $3.......Both were excellent. The salmon was plated so that it looked like it was on a magazine cover. The salmon came with a soup or salad and I chose the crab bisque, which was ok to good, not fantastic. The server was attentive. I ate inside as it was in the evening and the outside was too cool that evening. The interior décor is simple but bland. Wood floors, wood tables and chairs, a canoe hanging from the ceiling, a fireplace not turned on, no candles. The décor is basically similar to what was there previously......I think the management needs to step up the inside décor because it has nothing going for it. Outside is terrific by the trees and the river. For the prices they are charging, a simple candle on the tables, a tablecloth and a small vase of a flower or two would be appropriate to draw in a dinner crowd. If you are going to charge fine dining prices and there is no river view due to the cold weather or the dark hours, then the interior needs to be a more polished. It was nice to see the servers were all dressed alike with a shirt with the restaurant logo on it. So many restaurants don't pay enough attention to how the servers are dressed. I live nearby and I might go back again but it's pretty pricey even though the quality was good. I can't give it 5 stars, maybe 3.5 stars. For one person, my bill was about $26 then add a tip, so about $30.00 total, drinking only water.........I'm assuming they would be busy on a Friday and Saturday night, or anytime the weather is good for strolling around Clinton like on a Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I like to ask my server what the restaurant is known for. The answer was the quinoa salad and burgers. I wasn't in a salad mood and generally don't like burgers. They had a wrap burger, but the server talked me ou t of it, as the wrap tends to fall apart. My jalapeno burger was good but the jalapenos overwhelmed the taste of the burger. My wife said her blt was fantastic. I think you pay for the view more than the food, and yes, our service was slower than I like, but very friendly.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had great service and excellent food on Saturday night. When the place was known as the Olde Riverhouse, we went often. Then it became Nino's and we went only once; the waiters were surly and the service was slow. This was our first time back since it became the River View, and we were very pleased. We will return often!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is a beautiful spot along the Raritan river, but like any place with a view the food is sometimes a miss. The steamed clams were out of this world, but our entrees were just ok. Chicken Saltimboca way over cooked and hubby's steak almost raw. However, our waiter was absolutely terrific and salvaged the inconsistent meal with his service and professionalism. Would visit again if in the area.