All reviewsbed and breakfastirish soda breadwonderful hostswonderful alternativestrawberry crepesnice folkswonderful aromawithin walking distancespecial breakfastbreakfast was deliciousnext morningthoroughly enjoyed our stayinteresting stories to tellchain hotelcharming towncharming b ba wonderful stay
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Monnie and Owen really made our stay there great. Monnie warmly welcomed us on check in and was very friendly in showing us around the house. It was my first trip to a B&B and I will be visiting more of these because of the experience at Riverside this weekend.Although, It will be tough to match the hospitality shown to us by this wonderful couple. The room and breakfast were both great and the information about the local area provided by our host couple was very much helpful. .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed last Thursday (7/25) at Riverside Victorian business associate and I had Rooms
1 & 3. Must say our visit was way beyond our expectations. Monnie greeted us warmly
and gave us a tour of the house and our respective rooms. Monnie also made of point
of asking were our needs would be for the night, and what we would like for breakfast and time
required. I typically travel for work, and must say it's been a while since I have found such stellar service. Breakfast was much more than I had requested, or expedted.
Table set in true Victorian fashion. Meal was prepared and presented perfectly.
Will be back!!
Rob in Chicago

Room Tip: Room Number One
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My lady-friend and I visited the Clinton area for my 50th HS class reunion. My intent was to find accommodations for the weekend that would lend a bit more nostalgic romance for our mini-vacation, beyond the austere hotel/ motel experience in monotony ! I was COMPLETELY blown away! Upon entering, we were greeted by our hospitable hostess "Monni", surrounded by exquisite antiques, and elegance, complete, down to the needlepoint tablecloth, beneath crystal goblets and wine glasses, crackers and cheese awaiting our celebrated afternoon arrival ! Every aspect of this handsome Victorian was clean and exceptionally well furnished, in woven rugs, and beautifully maintained and preserved antique furniture, fixtures, wall hangings , and draperies. Naturally,some upgrades were necessary, in order to facilitate overnight guests, like the super comfy beds, air conditioners and TV's , door locks and privacy panels, but I truly had the sense of walking back into a time of elegance . Monni's kitchen, partly hidden by a half door , was about the only modernized room, and the den for her culinary wizardry ! OMG ! This was about as far from a "continental breakfast", as one could imagine! The Geman pancakes ( more like a creeps) were presented with fresh thinly cut strawberries, a sprig of nice cold grapes, and made to order bacon, hot off the griddle. She, and her husband Owen , were excellent hosts, and great company. We were made to feel comfortable, and our ONLY complaint was "check out ". I will DEFINATELY go back, if ever I can make an excuse to visit that part of the world , again.

Room Tip: All rooms were desirable
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This property was up for sale when we visited. The owners explained that they are getting on in years, and it is becoming a bit much for them. It has great curb appeal. Inside, it is nice but somewhat tired. The owners served light refreshments in the afternoon: Pepperidge Farm cookies, Gummi Bears, and wine and cheese and crackers. We enjoyed relaxing on the front porch. The small town of Clinton is also very pretty, and an easy walk from the B&B. We saw no fewer than three wedding parties taking photos on the Saturday afternoon we visited. The few restaurants we stopped at all operated BYOB. It is an easy hour from Manhattan, and the proprietors even suggested leaving our car there and taking the bus there and back (although this wouldn't have worked out for us).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This was our second stay at Riverside Victorian, and it was once again thoroughly enjoyable. Monnie and Owen are warm and welcoming, adept at putting their guests at ease without ever hovering.

We slept well in an extremely comfortable king-size sleigh bed in an attractively furnished, unfussy room. Before breakfast we rambled through the picturesque, highly walkable town, enjoying the early-morning sounds of birds greeting the day and the town awakening.

At breakfast, guests have their choice of eating at a table in the dining room that seats six (a fun way to get acquainted with other guests) or at smaller tables on the porch. Breakfast included good-quality coffee, tea, orange juice, freshly baked treats (at our table the Irish soda bread was a particular hit), fruit compote, eggs or a heavenly crepe stuffed with sliced fresh strawberries, and a choice of breakfast meats. It was all delicious.

Even though our stay was brief, we left feeling completely refreshed and pampered.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple