“Lovely,cozy,warm and very beautiful B&B To stay❤”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clinton
Riverside Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Clinton B&B and Inns
“Lovely,cozy,warm and very beautiful B&B To stay❤”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

First time at a B&B and the Experience was amazing, specially at this special place 'The riverside victorian B&B' the owners are so loving and kind, the lady is Sooo friendly and A GREAT COOK, her special Germán pancakes**you must have and i very much enjoyed talking with Monnie and Owen nice people

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hopedale, Ohio
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I can't imagine a more welcoming B&B couple than Monnie and Owen. Many of my family were there under very sad circumstances; however, we were very well cared for, and that hospitality will never be forgotten. Thank you, Monnie and Owen. Your Victorian was everything we could have hoped for and more. Sharon Hart Sefton, my daughter wrote a wonderful review that I can't possibly top. We will always remember this experience as having met people who are devoted to making others happy.Bryan and Mary Hart, Hopedale, Ohio.

Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I can't say enough good things about Riverside Victorian B&B and its owners, Monnie and Owen, in Clinton NJ. My family and I stayed there for 3 nights this past weekend and it was just a lovely experience all around. First, before we came, Monnie was incredibly gracious and flexible as we jerked her around deciding how many nights we would stay with her and how many rooms we needed. I felt very bad doing this to her, but our stay was due to a sad circumstance--my brother-in-law had just passed and plans on who was coming to his life celebration kept changing. Seriously, Monnie was very accomodating and sympathetic. Upon arrival we were greeted by her husband, Owen, a very friendly man who gave us our keys and showed us into the dining room where there was an array of delicious snacks and treats and two bottles of wine for our consumption. Our 3 rooms were clean and elegantly beautiful, filled with authentic Victorian furniture and very comfortable beds. In fact, the whole B&B is furnished the same way. I've stayed in a lot of B&Bs all across Europe and Monnie and Owen get the prize for "Best B&B Breakfast Ever"! The table was beautifully set with Royal Albert china and a hand crocheted table cloth, which was wonderful, but the best part of breakfast was definitely the food served with a big smile from Owen. German pancakes (crepes) with strawberries in them, delicious Irish soda bread, pastries, fresh fruit salad, eggs and bacon to order...It was a magnificent meal every morning. Monnie would go out of her way to make sure you had breakfast just the way you liked it. If you requested something she didn't have, it was there the next day. Monnie and Owen are just really lovely, warm people and it's worth the stay in the Riverside Victorian B&B just to meet them. Their B&B is also just a short walk to the the main attractions in Clinton, a very scenic, charming little town. Thank you, Monnie and Owen, for being the bright spot in our otherwise sad weekend. You are the best.

Mendham, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our stay was relaxing and charming, with a short walk to Dora's for dinner and a fine stroll around the old mill. We very much enjoyed talking with Monnie and Owen, who made us feel at home. Highly recommended for the accomdations and great breakfast (and a very good value).

Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Monnie and Owen really made our stay there great. Monnie warmly welcomed us on check in and was very friendly in showing us around the house. It was my first trip to a B&B and I will be visiting more of these because of the experience at Riverside this weekend.Although, It will be tough to match the hospitality shown to us by this wonderful couple. The room and breakfast were both great and the information about the local area provided by our host couple was very much helpful. .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed last Thursday (7/25) at Riverside Victorian business associate and I had Rooms
1 & 3. Must say our visit was way beyond our expectations. Monnie greeted us warmly
and gave us a tour of the house and our respective rooms. Monnie also made of point
of asking were our needs would be for the night, and what we would like for breakfast and time
required. I typically travel for work, and must say it's been a while since I have found such stellar service. Breakfast was much more than I had requested, or expedted.
Table set in true Victorian fashion. Meal was prepared and presented perfectly.
Will be back!!
Rob in Chicago

Room Tip: Room Number One
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Saugerties, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My lady-friend and I visited the Clinton area for my 50th HS class reunion. My intent was to find accommodations for the weekend that would lend a bit more nostalgic romance for our mini-vacation, beyond the austere hotel/ motel experience in monotony ! I was COMPLETELY blown away! Upon entering, we were greeted by our hospitable hostess "Monni", surrounded by exquisite antiques, and elegance, complete, down to the needlepoint tablecloth, beneath crystal goblets and wine glasses, crackers and cheese awaiting our celebrated afternoon arrival ! Every aspect of this handsome Victorian was clean and exceptionally well furnished, in woven rugs, and beautifully maintained and preserved antique furniture, fixtures, wall hangings , and draperies. Naturally,some upgrades were necessary, in order to facilitate overnight guests, like the super comfy beds, air conditioners and TV's , door locks and privacy panels, but I truly had the sense of walking back into a time of elegance . Monni's kitchen, partly hidden by a half door , was about the only modernized room, and the den for her culinary wizardry ! OMG ! This was about as far from a "continental breakfast", as one could imagine! The Geman pancakes ( more like a creeps) were presented with fresh thinly cut strawberries, a sprig of nice cold grapes, and made to order bacon, hot off the griddle. She, and her husband Owen , were excellent hosts, and great company. We were made to feel comfortable, and our ONLY complaint was "check out ". I will DEFINATELY go back, if ever I can make an excuse to visit that part of the world , again.

Room Tip: All rooms were desirable
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem

Been to Riverside Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!