“"Teacher Friendly"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clinton
Riverside Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Clinton B&B and Inns
“"Teacher Friendly"”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent Memorial Day week-end at the Riverside Victorian and it was just like visiting dear friends. We were warmly greeted and given the tour of the house. Our accommodations were authentic, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was WONDERFUL and there was always coffee and pastries (even homemade bread). We were greeted each evening with wine, sodas and snacks. Monnie and Owen were gracious hosts and I immediately had too much to share upon learning Monnie was a retired teacher, too. My husband and I will definitely stay at the Riverside the next time we visit Clinton!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monecca C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a comfortable and enjoyable stay we had for three nights at this B&B. Monnie & Owen, Innkeepers/owners are the consummate hostess and host and the breakfasts were delicious. This B&B is located close to our family and provided a "homey" environment and the beds were extremely comfortable. The entire house is in period design from the late 1800's, a true Victorian with the exception of a TV in every room. The weather had become quite warm and the fan and road noise when the window was open was somewhat distracting. There was no AC. However, we had wonderful conversations over breakfasts with the owners and would return again when in the area.

Room Tip: A front facing room would probably be best to decrease road noise if the windows were open.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marty K
MonnieMc, Owner at Riverside Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Owen and I are so happy that you were pleased with your stay. We enjoyed our conversations over breakfast each day, and look forward, as you suggested, to getting together with you and Cam when I visit my friend in Naples next spring! As you may not know, this has been an unusually cool spring in this area with temperatures in the low 50's most nights. The sudden surge in temperature those couple of days that you stayed with us took everyone around here by surprise. We always install window air conditioning units in each room every spring, which, due to the unusually cool temperatures this spring, we put off a week or so. Mother Nature played a trick, but the lesson we learned was to install those air conditioning units earlier in the spring, regardless of the temperatures. We look forward to your return when you visit family again! Monnie
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great location steps from shops and resturants in Clinton. Monnie and Owen, the owners were warm and friendly. Breakfasts were HUGE, masterfully cooked and customized to each guests liking... Chocolates and wine greeted us upon each nights return. The rooms were cozy and maybe a bit more "Victorian" than our tastes would call for but, it is, a Victorian inn after all. A bit short on counter space to stash your stuff, but was a very homey environment. Most should feel very content staying at this spot. The front bedroom (w/king bed), from the several that we saw and where we stayed was, I think, the best room in the house....

Room Tip: Front room (king) was great - no noise, quiet, as the highway is nearby. Don't know if the other...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelqueen8888
London
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I am soooo overdue to write this. I stayed here several months ago and have been meaning to log on and write a review ever since. The owners were so personable, making it feel like a home to me as I was out there traveling on my own to visit family. What a wonderful alternative to a corporate motel, and for less than the two biggest area hotels. I expect to stay here on my next visits as well, if they're available.
Having stayed at around 200 B&B's I do know that Victorians show their age a bit--floors a bit creaky, layers of paint that have built up over the years. But that is part of the history of the place. I much prefer that to a place that is pristine yet soul-less. I just felt well-taken care of the whole time. Not fussy, just caring.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bill B
New York, NY
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had such a romantic get-away to Riverside Victorian while in town for my friend's wedding! The place was charming and comfortable, and the owners made us feel very welcome even though we were coming in late at night. It was in a nice quiet location, but main street was just a few minutes stroll away. The rooms have a fridge & A/C and a very comfortable bed. What a fabulous experience!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kkuschmann
Bloomfield, NJ
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

When my fiancé (now husband) and I decided to have our wedding at Valley Crest Farm and Preserve in Lebanon, I knew I wanted to try and find a B&B in the area. I love the personal homey atmosphere of a bed and breakfast vs a conventional hotel. Riverside Victorian was literally a 5 minute straight-shot from the wedding venue so I booked 5 of the 6 rooms for us and our bridal party for that weekend.

Monnie and Owen are so nice and accommodating. Felt like we were spending the weekend with family members - we even returned after the wedding to find congratulatory balloons in the dining room. The breakfasts were tasty, the rooms cozy and clean, and they really opened the place to us to relax and unwind. Always a bottle of wine open in the dining room too. ;)

The location was obviously ideal for our wedding this weekend but also within walking distance to a variety of shops and restaurants in Clinton. Looking forward to returning next year for our anniversary.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank qtvet
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wonderful boyfriend surprised me for our anniversary and we stayed at the Riverside Victorian. When you walk in you immediately feel welcomed and cozy. Our room was clean and perfect for what we wanted. The owners were wonderful and cooked us an amazing breakfast. It's a must stay if you're in the Clinton area!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Riverside Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!