All reviews bed and breakfast irish soda bread wonderful hosts strawberry crepes nice folks wonderful aroma within walking distance special breakfast breakfast was delicious next morning thoroughly enjoyed our stay interesting stories to tell home away from home new jersey one night stay a great stay clinton nj
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent Memorial Day week-end at the Riverside Victorian and it was just like visiting dear friends. We were warmly greeted and given the tour of the house. Our accommodations were authentic, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was WONDERFUL and there was always coffee and pastries (even homemade bread). We were greeted each evening with wine, sodas and snacks. Monnie and Owen were gracious hosts and I immediately had too much to share upon learning Monnie was a retired teacher, too. My husband and I will definitely stay at the Riverside the next time we visit Clinton!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monecca C
Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a comfortable and enjoyable stay we had for three nights at this B&B. Monnie & Owen, Innkeepers/owners are the consummate hostess and host and the breakfasts were delicious. This B&B is located close to our family and provided a "homey" environment and the beds were extremely comfortable. The entire house is in period design from the late 1800's, a true Victorian with the exception of a TV in every room. The weather had become quite warm and the fan and road noise when the window was open was somewhat distracting. There was no AC. However, we had wonderful conversations over breakfasts with the owners and would return again when in the area.

Room Tip: A front facing room would probably be best to decrease road noise if the windows were open.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marty K
MonnieMc, Owner at Riverside Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Owen and I are so happy that you were pleased with your stay. We enjoyed our conversations over breakfast each day, and look forward, as you suggested, to getting together with you and Cam when I visit my friend in Naples next spring! As you may not know, this has been an unusually cool spring in this area with temperatures in the low 50's most nights. The sudden surge in temperature those couple of days that you stayed with us took everyone around here by surprise. We always install window air conditioning units in each room every spring, which, due to the unusually cool temperatures this spring, we put off a week or so. Mother Nature played a trick, but the lesson we learned was to install those air conditioning units earlier in the spring, regardless of the temperatures. We look forward to your return when you visit family again! Monnie

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great location steps from shops and resturants in Clinton. Monnie and Owen, the owners were warm and friendly. Breakfasts were HUGE, masterfully cooked and customized to each guests liking... Chocolates and wine greeted us upon each nights return. The rooms were cozy and maybe a bit more "Victorian" than our tastes would call for but, it is, a Victorian inn after all. A bit short on counter space to stash your stuff, but was a very homey environment. Most should feel very content staying at this spot. The front bedroom (w/king bed), from the several that we saw and where we stayed was, I think, the best room in the house....

Room Tip: Front room (king) was great - no noise, quiet, as the highway is nearby. Don't know if the other rooms on the side of the house would have noise issues, should ask.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelqueen8888
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I am soooo overdue to write this. I stayed here several months ago and have been meaning to log on and write a review ever since. The owners were so personable, making it feel like a home to me as I was out there traveling on my own to visit family. What a wonderful alternative to a corporate motel, and for less than the two biggest area hotels. I expect to stay here on my next visits as well, if they're available.
Having stayed at around 200 B&B's I do know that Victorians show their age a bit--floors a bit creaky, layers of paint that have built up over the years. But that is part of the history of the place. I much prefer that to a place that is pristine yet soul-less. I just felt well-taken care of the whole time. Not fussy, just caring.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had such a romantic get-away to Riverside Victorian while in town for my friend's wedding! The place was charming and comfortable, and the owners made us feel very welcome even though we were coming in late at night. It was in a nice quiet location, but main street was just a few minutes stroll away. The rooms have a fridge & A/C and a very comfortable bed. What a fabulous experience!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple