“The feeling of being with "FAMILY"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Towne Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
“The feeling of being with "FAMILY"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were undecided about what to do on a beautiful fall crisp day. We were looking for that quaint town atmosphere. I went on "trip advisor" under restaurants and found The The Towne Restaurant. We told our waitress Betsy? that we were from about an hour away. She told Nick who then came over, introduced himself, sat with us and took a picture with me!!!!!!
I will definatley go back!! Dino cooks an amazing breakfast!!
Thank you Nick for making our Sunday such a wonderful fall memory!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Toni D

New Jersey
“Excellent Saturday morning breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped here just off I-78 in downtown Clinton, Main Street. Followed signs to Red Mill, crossed the bridge and parked on Main Street. Definitely a nice American restaurant. Agree with previous reviewers, you have to look for it on the right side on Main Street. Service by Kristin was excellent and outstanding. Now for a walk on Main Street Nd check out the mill pond dam and river.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Larry1778
Clinton, New Jersey
“good old fashioned type place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We went for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised. This is the type of place you could walk passed and completely ignore.I know I have. Inside it is old fashioned and quaint but basic. The food was ample, hot and fresh. I had the corned beef hash benedict which was basically hash with an egg on an english muffin with the sauce. My husband had blueberry pancakes and bacon which was good too. The service was quick and friendly. There was good traffic of customers on the Sunday morning we were there. The prices were fair to good. Coffee was good and plentiful.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bph19
Clinton, New Jersey
“Good breakfast and lunch place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

A week without a grilled cheese and bacon on rye is a week of sadness. I crave this. Family run and friendly. Great breakfast place also.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kathy3331940
Frenchtown, NJ
“Good local dinetter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Old fashioned dinetter style restaurant on Clinton's main street. Convenient location, consistently good simple food. Good friendly service. Breakfasts are very good, nice sandwiches and soups (lentil and chicken noodle are very good). Always busy but rarely a wait. Good little place for a solid informal meal.

• Visited May 2012