“OMG!!!!”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Colts Neck
Reviewed 21 May 2012

First off i think i would have prefer to stay at the Bates Motel. It was the most horrible experience I've ever had. It was funny when i walked in to check in a saw a family sitting around watching TV like they were home only to realize they were the staff. Such a big motel with a staff of 3. I went to my room and to my horror it reaked of cigarette smell it looks like who ever was in that room lived there for a month and smoked cigarettes 24/7. It was just horrible. Then i go to the bathroom and the smell from the sink and bath tub makes the creature of the black lagoon's home look like sea world. Shower head was crusty and rusted. Mirror looked like it was cleaned with a dirty rag. Micro wave in the room was dirty I couldn't sleep that night i was up at 530am ready to leave this hell hole. It was the worst money that i ever spent. As they say you only learn thru your mistakes and for sure i will NEVER put my family in that situation again even if i have to pay top dollars. My family's health is more important to me.

Room Tip: Stay away from this location.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank George D

Reviewed 1 October 2010

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at, PLEASE do not even consider staying a night here. The water smelled horrible, there was hair on the bed, the bed was sitting on the floor with no frame. Microwave was dirty, shower was filthy, everything was just dirty dirty dirty. The phones were broken, soda machine in the office broke, soda's were warm. The bathroom lights were broken. Curtains were brown, and the towels smelled used, the shampoo bottles are half empty, and the hot water lasted 8 minutes. The water pressure was horrible, and the door alarm goes off if the door is open for 30 seconds. The walls were stained, and the lamp shades had cobwebs. The swimming pool was filthy, green, and had things floating in it. The main office smelled disgusting and was dark and damp, and the staff could barely speak English. With half an hour to spare before 12 p.m., I was charged ten dollars extra because I did not want to leave my stuff in the rain, so I had to check in early. The worse thing about it was the water, I couldn't shower or even wash my hands and face without gagging. I lost a nights worth of sleep because I feared that I would come into contact with bedbugs. There were two smoke alarms that were not in working condition and there were two sticky air fresheners stuck to the walls to "mask" the smell. Every wall had nail wholes, and the roof had multiple stains and the dressers were sticky and hard to open. All the lampshades were cracked and melted, and the sheets had cigarette burns in them. For the safety of you and your loved ones, please do not stay here and bring a little extra money for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank oeirughiueu
Reviewed 28 July 2010

When you walk into a hotel - there is no visible water in the swimming pool, there is a small area with a television and a tablecloth, and the vestibule is dirty - was our first clue that something was not going to be pleasant about this stay.

There is absolutely no truth to the pictures presented on the website. The outside of the building is actually quite regal from the front, being housed in a lovely newer colonial. But appearances are surely deceiving.

The rooms were very sparse, and featured the most endearing stains on the sheets, pillows, and above all, FOOD STAINS on the comforter. When you walked in, the curtains were hanging on a broken rod, and the walls were grungy and grimy. The bathroom on the other hand wasn't so bad if you prefer to shower in filth. The bathtub was floored with a lovely gray sticky substance.

When we requested another room, the owner asked "Why don't you want to stay here?" My response was "I would expect more for $100.00 a night, and if I had wanted to sleep on dirty sheets I would have stayed home." The manager offered us another room which he assured us to be in much better condition than the room we had gotten originally. The next room wasn't any better, just as dingy and dark - but this one has the sliding glass doors for the closet propped up against the walls INSIDE the closet.

We just decided it wasn't going to work and left -- amazed at the fact that other guests would pay the same amount to actually stay. We don't need a hair dryer, an iron, a coffee pot in the room or a continental breakfast, but cleanliness is a must.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank deskjocky
Reviewed 15 July 2010

This was one of the worst hotel experiences in my life. My sis and I were in NJ due to a family member illness/death. I did a quick search of hotels near the hospital and found this one. The price was low compared to others so I picked it. That should have been the first clue. We checked in, the front office smelled horrible. We recieved our key went to our room and we were immediately disgusted. The bedding was stained, the walls had splatters of something brown behind the beds. The tub looked like it had not been cleaned for years. The room was filthy. There were what appeared to be residents of the hotel that looked like the were dealing drugs. When we tried to call management, the phone did not work. After walking up to the office the manager asked me what was wrong with the room and stated he wanted to see. We walked in the room together and he did not seem to think there were any issues at all. After 10-15 minutes of arguing I demanded a refund. I finally did get my refund but was forced to drive around for a couple of hours to find a hotel that was not booked. DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS HERE, the online perception of the hotel is not at all what it is when you get there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank coclbb
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I didn't stay at this hotel but I am getting ready to travel here and was looking for places to stay. I saw that this place was recently put on bedbugregistry.com for having bedbugs. I am now the kind of person who checks these kinds of things since I know someone who has been living with trying to get rid of the ones they brought home from a trip.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank travel_crazy72
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I came here for a week because I was working on some projects near by and to spend some time away from family; I found this motel on the way to stay at. It was beautiful nice landscaping and bunches of flowers. Even in the night, it was pretty bright.

When I walked in the front desk, I was pleased with a warm welcome. They had an ATM which was helpful. I was accommodated with a variety of snacks and drinks. The guy at the front desk escorted me to my room and the moment I stepped in I could smell fresh and relieving fragrance. It was a nice place to be in. The room was clean and elegant. It had a wooden floor.

It is 15-20 min away from the Six Flags and less than 3 minute away from the golf course. There is a mall within a couple of miles and many horse racing tracks. There are so many restaurants nearby for the different food selection.

I had a great stay at the Village Inn and I'm sure i will come again with my family!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Want a swimming pool? Forget it. The pool was just as dirty and unsanitary as the rest of the place. Anyway, the pool was closed during our entire six day stay. Imagine taking a hand towel soiled with lipstick, folding it nicely and placing it back into the holder. There was no rhyme or reason to the housekeeping. Very sloppy and most times not done at all. The place is falling apart, literally. The staff could not care less about the comfort of their guests. Can't communicate with the manager and others due to language problems. All this did was complicate everything.

Jim Shearer, Pittsburgh
We will never be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PittsburghGolfnut

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!