“Much better then last time”

Dalton's Columbia Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is an update to the last review I gave. The quality of the food has improved since our last visit. I'm not 100% sure but it appears that they might have had a change of owners, we didn't recognize any of the staff this last time.There are a few things that they can improve on like offering warm dinner rolls or bread and maybe fresh ground pepper for your salad. The pasta they served was way over cooked to the point of being mushy. Aside from that we have seen a major improvement since our last visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were regular patrons at Daltons, eating there weekly. The food was always good, great service. The last time we were there my wife got food poisoning from bad chicken, it looked bad and tasted worse. My steak was borderline too. It seemed like overnight they lost it. My wife and I dine out two to three times a week so as long as the food and service are good we tend to become regulars. In all fairness to Daltons, our last visit was a year or so ago, I should give them another try.

1  Thank JohnRG
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This place is a wonderful local establishment that has plenty of hometown charm. Nice folks, live music, good food, ice cold beverages, great staff and overall a great atmosphere. Wish I lived closer, I would definitely frequent Dalton's more often.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Friday night in May. The restaurant was recommended to us by the Inn we were staying at, as having great burgers. After a tough few months, and a long day caught in traffic, this restaurant was a welcome relief, and a great start to our vacation. Casual atmosphere with good pub food, large juicy burgers, and fantastic, friendly service! We were made to feel like one of the neighbors, not a tourist/stranger! The owner and wait staff's hospitality made us feel like we were at a family dinner, only with much better service! If your looking for comfort in both your food and dining experience, this is the place to stop in for a bite.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Nobody even knows where Columbia is, unless they live in Blairstown or Mount Bethel. There isn't much to the town but Dalton's is the place to go for the locals, and a nice stop if you need to eat and want something more than offered at the nearby truck stop on 1-80. Plain food, nice service, good drinks. A winning formula every time.

1  Thank RobertitoL