“It's the best”

Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Hope, NJ
“It's the best”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

It's the best restaurant in Warren County. Delicious, great service, nice decor, reasonable prices for what you're getting (awesome food). I hope they can hang in there until the economy improves.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Haught2k10

Belvidere, New Jersey
“Treat yourself to the best !!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Ellias restaurant is our favorite. We eat out regularly and try different restaurants throughout the NJ/NY area and always return to Ellias. Ellias's food and service is consistently of high quality. The staff is friendly and professional. The menu changes regularly ... keeping things interesting ... while at the same time ensuring to maintain regular favorites.

Treat yourself to the best !! You deserve it !!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Alison C
New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Service!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This was the second time we have been to Elias and it was just as terrific as our last visit. Menu is inviting and the choices we made were excellent.... The staff is friendly and appreciative of their guests. Don't be surprised by the remote location.... the quality and preparation of the food is outstanding

Visited February 2012
NY/NJ
“It's still the best around but has slipped a bit”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I'd probably give this 3.5 stars but stayed at 4 since 3 would be too harsh. Compared to many prior visits over the past 8 years, I noticed a lot of little things different. When we arrived, the hostess didn't offer to take our coats, which i thought weird, especially since she ended up taking others after us. No sign of Ellias in the front of the house. I was looking forward to a nice bottle of wine, and although the wine we selected turned out fine, there was a very limited selection. First time I remember a hamburger or sandwich on the menu. Staff seemed stretched, especially for Valentine's Day, and it wasn't a full house, which it always had seemed to be this day. All this leads me to believe that, as with others in the area, Ellias is feeling the economic pinch and trying to make due as best he can. I really ope he does as I'd really like to be back next V-Day. The food was very good with the exception of the baked Brie, which lacked flavor and was burnt on the bottom. I think they should have taken it off the bill, but I didn't complain (see above). Overall it was a nice meal and we'd probably come back, but I'd love to see a better wine selection or just go BYOB.

• Visited February 2012
Orlando, Florida
“The best food I have ever had”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

After a two hour drive up to Columbia, NJ, to visit the Lakota Wolf Preserve, our group of three weary travelers was hungry and looking for a good local spot to eat. We happened to stumble upon this diamond in the rough named Ellias. From the outside this place looked rather drab, to say the least. I really don’t know what it was before this, but there are nice stained-glass windows out front. Still, being hungry, we decided to go in. Inside it was a totally different place. Instantly we jumped from the boondocks of New Jersey to 54th street in Manhattan. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the host, who also helped with the service. He took our drink orders and gave us two menus to look over. The first was the main dinner menu that can be found on their web site http://www.elliasrestaurant.net/. The other was the small plate menu. This was more suitable for our needs, but we did decide to share an appetizer off the main menu. The Deep Fried Calamari and banana peppers with citrus remoulade was just too good to pass up.

When it came out it was plated perfectly. It was garnished on the side with a lemon in a yellow cloth. I explained to the rest of the party the usefulness of the cloth. The calamari itself was fresh and you could tell it hadn’t been frozen. The star of the dish, however, was the remoulade sauce. It drew you in and made you want more after each bite, setting us up for the next course perfectly.

Next out were the entree’s and they were perfectly timed. Ash had ordered a Black Angus Cheeseburger. She really wasn’t burger fan before, but had just recently started to enjoy their finer qualities. I believe she enjoyed the Black Angus from watching her eat, her tiny hands tearing into it. Now Todd and I both ordered a Black Angus steak sandwich, topped with a tiny caesar salad, with a sweet reduction sauce on it. It was that sauce that drove me crazy for this sandwich. It was there and you could taste it, but it was only a hint, making me feel like a crazed crack-head wanting more. I dug through the sandwich in a search for that beautiful sweetness, which eluded me and still makes me want more.

This led to dessert, which we all craving and wondering how fantastic it would be. Todd picked the cheesecake with a berry sauce drizzled on it. I’m not a huge fan of berries so I avoided the sauce, but Todd let me try the cake itself. It was very smooth, rich and enjoyable. I got the Creme brulee that was infused with vanilla beans. Normally you get it, it’s not fresh, and the custard has had time to harden or started out frozen. Here it seemed like it was just poured with the caramel and added right before being served. It had been a long time since I experienced a Creme Brulee this fantastic in taste. Now Ash’s desert was the most interesting of them all. It was a Egyptian pudding called Mahalabia. It had rose essence in it. This was one of the most delicious things that ever crossed my lips. She would only let me have one bite.

Our meal drew to an end and we paid the check and left, well-satisfied with our choice. We are now trying to come up with reasons to drive the two hours out of the way to stop by again. So if you ever find yourself driving around Colombia, NJ, for any random reason, please treat yourself and stop by. I can promise that you will not regret it.

As always stay peckish my friends.

• Visited September 2011