“Consistently innovative”

Dining options: Reservations
Newton, New Jersey
“Consistently innovative”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We returned to Elias last weekend because our prior experience was exceptional. When you have a great meal, it is easy to build it up in your mind and be dissapointed the next time. Not with this restaurant. The chef here is not afraid to be creative with ingerdients. Presentation is always impeccable and service remains excellent. I must comment on our waitress, Marge's, friendly yet professional approach. The restuarant was very busy, which I was glad to see, but you are made to feel like you are the only customers there. We will return again and again.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank NancyHend

“Good Overall”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Pleasant ambience,
Good service and decent food. We shared a steak which was perfectly done and an apple dessert. We would definitely go back.

Hardwick, NJ
“A gem in Warren County”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

A nice romantic dinner with my husband , made even more special with great food. Wine list is pricey, but the dessert was unique and very good. It was our first time here, but I would definitely come back for another special occasion.

new jersey
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Last night traveling on Route 80 in New Jersey we checked trip advisor as we began to feel hungry. We saw Ellias Restaurant on Route 94 was recommended and decided to give it a try. What a blessing it was. Fantastic. From the moment we entered the experience was a delight nelliescame and greeted us we met his beautiful wife, the couple were so happy and like able we felt right at home. Our server Margie was a delight but nothing compared to the fabulous meal we had. I ordered the tomato chilli soup with Brie, it was so good. For dinner I had the veal chop which was superb. My husband had the chicken and he kept saying hmmm. Hmmmm over and over be both left looking forward to returning new realized that it is only about 40 minutes from our home so we will be making that trip again and again. Thank you all!

1 Thank oangelw
Hope, NJ
“Stands Alone”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

It's lonely at the top... that's what they say anyway (personally, I wouldn't know). I guess you could ask the people that run this restaurant if that's true or not.

I've been coming here since 2004 when it opened. Recently, I started going more, and more, and more (hence my reviews)... at this point, I've been here 50 times since my last review six months ago. In the last year I'd say I've been here 100 times. I am serious - and yes, it's that good.

Here's all you really need to know, and every word is the absolute truth:

1a) The chef is a genius.
1b) The ingredients are the best money can buy.
2) The place is beautiful.
3) Every corner of the restaurant is spotless. You could eat off the floors, if that's your thing.
4) The service is excellent.

I know people that yearn to go back here, but they live 2 1/2 hours away and can only come once a month. I pity them. After people eat here for the first time, they typically say "that was the best meal I've ever had". This isn't just an isolated incident, I hear it over and over again.

Ellias stands alone within a 50 mile radius from 411 Route 94, I would say further than that but I will keep it conservative. It's not just a "step above" other places, it's truly extraordinary. No other place is worthy of your time or hard earned money. I have come here 200 times in my lifetime, and I've never had a bad experience. That alone should speak volumes.