“Nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cranbury
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed 2-nights and I enjoyed every minute of it. The hotel provided complimentary Wi-Fi which was helpful! The 1-bed King-Suite was very nice and there's plenty of room for 4-people. I liked the fact that the room came with full-size fridge, small stove, dishwasher and a nice microwave. If you like to cook and doesn't care about "take-out" or restaurant foods, then this place is definitely for you.

I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband , me and our 3 kids stayed at this location over night in the 2 bedroom suite .
It was clean and very comfortable. The stuff was very nice and helpful .Breakfast was fine. I almost never write a review but We were all very pleased , and even the pool was clean and nice. We will be back.

Middlebury, Vermont
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I feel like they don't put much OOMPH into their service. The sundry is lack, the drinks offered- poor, the ice cream-like off an ice cream truck. I mean Halo is local guys, provide it, it's the BEST! The coffee never looks brewed. I don't know if they turn off the machine or what, but every time I go to get coffee the indicator isn't on, and it has coffee, but it is lukewarm. The cups, where are they!? Oh I found them but they were hidden behind the sugar and cream. It feels like they don't want to put money into the place. The night food is TERRIBLE and they only offer it on Mon & Tues sometimes on Wed. But it really is terrible food, don't bother. I just don't think they hire enough to help out, I overheard people talking and it seemed like it was all on one guy's shoulders. Your local restaurant is the neighbor Zinna's Bistro. I don't feel welcome, more like watched, as I walk around and do things with my kids. It's just kinda missing something. Except for two of the employees, who are awesome, one in particular I really enjoyed. I will get their names.

The pillows are GREAT though and the bed is comfortable. The dishwasher is BLAH, the oven is a real oven, little dated. The toaster SUCKS. I had to move the element so it wouldn't burn my bread. Also I like real liquid dish soap to have in the room, because I don't want to wash in the dishwasher only.

I do NOT like having to have my husband give permission for me to charge things to the room. I do not live circa 1920. I have never had to do this in any other Res Inn EVER! I have had to show ID, and since we have the same last name, that was easy. But never ever have had to have PERMISSION! They also lock up the milk, so unless you need it for breakfast, forget getting some.

Due to the cold nature of the place, we won't be returning. I want to feel welcome and I need sundries. For business I imagine this place would work, although we are in for business, we take our children. Res Inn needs to provide dinner, breakfast, and sundries, that's what makes it awesome. Lose dinner, breakfast and sundries, I might as well stay at a Courtyard.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Manager2662, General Manager at Residence Inn Cranbury South Brunswick, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I do appreciate your feedback. I am also very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time at our hotel.
This is the time to have a great time as we do host outside BBQ on scheduled days. We also go to great lengths to upgrade our breakfast and social menus during the summer.
I am sorry your check in or check out dates may not have allowed you to enjoy any of that.
We will definitely take your experience into consideration and address it with the team.

Travellers are raving about these Cranbury hotels

Houston
Reviewed 14 July 2014

while the staff is still a courteous, helpful group, the overall quality for the price seems to have dropped off since we stayed last year. the rooms are well kept. the Inn has placed cards in the room each time we've stayed, noting the intent to conserve energy & environment by limiting bedlinen and towel changes unless we asked. we dutifully hung up towels to dry to use again and made the bed, only to find they changed everything anyway each day (?).
complimentary breakfast needs work. one morning, eggs were cold; another some of the mufffins were still thawing from being in the freezer. stuck with yogurt cups for the most part the days we were there.
considering the price, we do not count this as value for the money this year. hope they get their act together as this is a convenient location for many things.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Manager2662, General Manager at Residence Inn Cranbury South Brunswick, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you have some concerns after staying with us this year compared to last. We do have the same team as we did last year and we are very committed to the same level of care for our environment as well as the products we put out for our guests. My team and I will be sure to focus on the areas you touched on.
Looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Thank you!
New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived after 9 p.m. the night before the Independence Day Holiday. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. It was obvious the place was mostly empty from the lack of cars in the parking lot. I was surprised that the entrance had no car port or awning. It was pouring rain so it wasn't fun to unpack the car. Once inside the room, I discovered that the rooms are extremely small for a "residence" inn, probably the smallest I've ever seen for this type of accommodation. There was no starter kit for the kitchen, literally no dish soap of any kind. The toiletries were also tiny, a small capsule shaped bottle of shampoo, barely enough for one person. The whole room just seemed cramped and old. It was clean but there was a lack of bedding (two flat pillows on a king size bed) and no place to put a suitcase. We thought about going in the pool until we saw how much debris was in it...like it hadn't been vacuumed in months and the dirt and flaked off skin had accumulated into swirls and eddies along the bottom. It was the dirtiest indoor pool I've seen in a hotel. The next morning the breakfast area was fairly deserted so we were able to get food quickly and it was hot. I was happy with the choices and taste. We only stayed a quick overnight, I can't imagine being here on an extended business trip, it would surely be quite a trial. The only reason I didn't rate this hotel less than average was because of the staff who did everything they could in less than ideal conditions and did it with a smile.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Manager2662, General Manager at Residence Inn Cranbury South Brunswick, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We will share your message appropriately as we take matters such as this very seriously.

We value your opinion and thank you for your kind words about our staff and service.
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We found out this hotel by chance during our trip to NY and sometimes, we need to be lucky. Excellent hotel with nice staff at the reception even at 3.00am. Rooms are just perfect, extremely clean and so well designed. Just do not hesitate for booking. Breakfast is too basic but it seems it is always the case in US hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MOUSS190273
Thank you for taking teh time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit soon.
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was working not far from this hotel and wanted to stay close to work. Right off the turnpike and not a far drive from things. Its on a fairly busy street, but never heard a sound once inside. The breakfast was good and the social hour was nice. Overall this is a place I would return to without hesitation.

Room Tip: Room 220 (I think) was right above the AC unit for the pool area. The unit is kinda loud if you have...