“Family oriented”

Timberland Lake Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cream Ridge
Timberland Lake Campground
Jackson, New Jersey
“Family oriented”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This campground is the place for a family outing very close to great adventure a store that sells everything you might of left home workers and owners friendly and always willing to help activities for kid's pool very clean fishing and special events no nonsense for party goers looking for trouble feel safe with my son there dj saturday nights lots to offer don't look any further if you want to have a good time in a family oriented campground this is it

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have been spending a few weekends there each year for the last few years. We have watched steady improvement since the current owners took over. They have many wooded sites, clean bath houses, a nice pool, the playground gets more upgrades every year. There is a well stocked camp store. If you like camping, RV or tent, you will probably like this place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Cranbury,NJ
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have camped here for a special they have in the Fall for the last 2 yrs (they have it in the spring to) We stayed here for 4 weekends durning the Halloween weekends, well let me tell you the Seasonals and Staff put on a Hauted Trail that is Wonderful !! people pay to go on trails like this and it is included with your camping weekend, you can't beat it, it is scary so watch out for the little ones.

We decided to go seasonal this spring, we only live about 25 mins from here so it's a great staycation place. The bathrooms are clean, There are so many planned activities for the kids and the adults too.
If the kids my boys are 11 and 13 want to just hang out it's great, they play
Ping pong
There's
Pool
Horseshoes
Mini Golf
2 different play areas 1 for small tots and the other for med size LOL
and the bigger kids even have a area to hang out, they all play Basket Ball
Plenty of great Fishing Big Bass !!
Paddle boat rentals so many things to do
my boys leave in the morning stop by for lunch maybe and off again,
The pool is very large and has a nice deep end ( My husband stayed here when we first got our camper for a weekend alone to test everything out ) He is tall and hates pools he can stand in.
The boys and I were away this weekend and he said he had a blast meeting all the seasonals and weekenders, he was like a big kid!!
The Camp store has everything you would need and a new Milkshake machine my boys are in heaven, they better do some chores to pay for one...
It is only 2 miles from Great Adventure and to get on
195 east or west is only 21/2 miles away, and that will take you right to the GREAT Jersey shore Belmar beach is the closest 30 mins away and AC is only about an hour away
Fun for all Age types !! DJ's every weekend and Pavillion so you don't get Wet or to Hot :))
They also have Cabins to rent and I looked in them and they are spacious and very CLEAN !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NJ-sunshine3
Ocean, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Whether or not you think a campground is good really depends on what you're looking for. This place has it's downsides. It seems a little low-budget. Some sites are wired with indoor wiring, run through trees. Most of the kid amusements are hand-me-downs from customers, donations, or Great Adventure, which is very close to this campground. If you're not looking for a 5-star experience, you just might enjoy this place. The staff is usually friendly, although sometimes the site you reserve isn't the one you wind up with. Now, for the good things:
The site has at it's heart a nice lake. Fishing is popular, as is renting boats. They have a DJ and dancing every Saturday, and lots of crafts and activities for kids. If you're not concerned about the polish this place sometimes lacks, you can have a really good time. There is lots of natural beauty, and the kids have a really great time. The bathrooms are usually acceptable, and the camp store is great. They have a pavilion for rainy day activities, contests, and movies. My 9 year old Daughter absolutely loves this place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 912RobertC912
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We have stayed here for the last four years and love it! The activities keep my kids busy for hours. The weekends have fun themes. It is close to six flags, maybe about two miles, so that's fun to do. We were here during a heat wave so we appreciated the pool.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank matthew s
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I wish I could provide a more positive review, but unfortunately my very brief visit to Timberland Lake Campground was my first and will definitely be my last. A weekend camping with friends was horribly interrupted by a large tree that collapsed on top of my son and another boy, landing both of them in the ER. My son's injuries were severe enough that he spent five days in the pediatric ICU.

I will say that one of the campground employees who came to help shortly following the accident was very compassionate. She was the only person I had contact with during the 45 minutes I was at the campground, so I can't comment about any of the other staff.

This campground is definitely *not* a place to go if you are looking for a quiet night of camping in the woods. The campsites are literally on top of one another, and there's no separation between RV camping and tent camping. Unbeknownst to me, the campground is literally miles from Six Flags Great Adventure (which is where my son was picked up and airlifted to the nearest trauma center). So while you are in the "woods," you are definitely very close to civilization.

Use caution when going to this campground.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold

Been to Timberland Lake Campground? Share your experiences!