“Quaint and Delicious”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Quaint and Delicious”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had a very enjoyable meal at the Happy Apple Inn for my grandmothers birthday. Their website has the entire menu and driving directions if you live close, and we had heard it was a great place by quite a few people. We started off with some apple cider sangria served in mason jars for the full effect. They had many appetizers, but they also have a very nice salad bar and bread table so we skipped appetizers. The salad bar is small, but stocked very nicely and has a lot to choose from. The menu may seem a little pricey, but once you receive your food you will see that the portions sizes are enormous! I had a special : Nutty Pork, which was a giant tenderloin stuffed with homemade stuffing containing raisins and a variety of nuts. The fam tried salmon and a chicken with mozzarella, eggplant and mushroom gravy. Everyone was raving. The little ones all had the children's filet mignon, and that was an adult sized portion. All kids meals comes with drink and ice cream dessert as well. To end we had an "Over-The-Moon" piece of pie that was delicious (fudge cake with chocolate mousse). Getting there early around 6:15 we had no problems getting in, but it definitely started to fill up halfway through our meal. The food at this place honestly is the real deal, it is home cooked and you can really see what a difference that makes. Everything cooked perfectly and everyone was very happy. If you are a steak connoisseur you will have many choices and they all came out looking fantastic. I would recommend it, and have been, to everyone. Don't let the dated scenery throw you off, it gives it a country home feel and the food is the main event.

• Visited September 2013

Clarksburg, New Jersey
“Prime Rib Special”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

On Wednesday nights, the Prime Rib is on special and it is great. We've been going here for years and just went back last week. I ordered the King Cut medium rare and it was wonderful. A beautiful bone in 30 oz cut of beef. My wife's Queen cut was also cooked as requested. The salad bar is fine as was the soup, but the Prime Rib is the reason why you go here. The pieces were so big that they became lunch sandwiches the next two days.

• Visited September 2013
Florence, New Jersey, United States
“A lovely evening”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This was our first visit to Happy Apple Inn and we appreciated the delicious food and wonderful service. As seniors, we were happy to be able to order from their special menu.

• Visited May 2013
Yardville, New Jersey
“A Splendid Restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My wife and I have been visiting the Happy Apple Inn for many years and can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal. We use it for special occasions such as birthdays, family gatherings, dinner with friends, Christmas Holiday celebrations, and other occasions. One of the owners, Donna, has always been very accomodating to us. My favorite meal is the prime rib dinner. Over the years I have tasted prime rib in several restaurants in the U.S. and can honestly say that the Happy Apple Inn has the best tasting prime rib. My wife usually orders the petite filet mignon or a seafood dish which is equally tasty. As an appetizer, the bacon wrapped scallops are to die for. The salad bar comes with the entree and although it is small, the salads are very tasty and fresh. Their signature dessert is the apple crisp which consists of hot apple crisp and vanilla ice cream - a must try. The bar area is quaint and some people prefer to eat there. The restaurant is housed in a historical building and is located next to a lake. I suggest that you request a window table overlooking the lake For larger groups there are some large round dinner tables which are ideal for promoting conversations. Just writing this review has made me hungry so we plan to dine again there very soon.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Ed V
Nutley, New Jersey
“Splendid Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We celebrated my wife's birthday here in March and had an all around wonderful experience..I was able to speak to a very friendly owner about our considerably large reservation..very welcoming. We were greeted kindly upon arrival and were seated at a big table with a beautiful view of the lake...reminded me of a painting.. the restaurant itself was very quaint and homey, pictures hung all around, a big custom-made grand piano.. old fashioned, fun, & creative..rare to see nowadays in a lot of restaurants ..the wait staff was young & attentive...they were patient with everyone...we had a few laughs which im happy for (cant stand awkward waiters) I've been here without my wife and family no less than a year ago and they seemed just as happy with the food as I was...portion sizes are larger than expected..salad bar has a wide variety, entrees are hot & delicious...I had a steak...cooked perfect and juicy..almost couldnt finish the whole thing (the burgers are big and tasty here...for those who want it simple)...wide variety of wines and beers as well...What made me really happy was that the entire staff sang happy birthday to my wife and brought over a volcano cake for her and ice cream for all ....really great atmosphere all around...you leave here with new friends...Definitely recommending this to anyone coming through the beautiful Upper Freehold!! Great sights to see very close by!

• Visited March 2013