“meat free zone”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“meat free zone”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

For someone who enjoys meat a couple of times a week, I was pleasantly surprised to find how nice this restaurant is. Not sure of some of the meat substitutes, but i did enjoy the food. Staff helpful,
price reasonable.

Visited March 2013

Stanhope, New Jersey
“Tasty, novel maybe, but real thing is better”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Here it is in a nutshell: if your are a vegetarian, it's great. If you are like me, chicken made from mushroom and soy will never be as good as chicken that comes from a chicken and CERTAINLY should not be priced the same. That's what kind of turned me off, meat prices for vegetable protein.

• Visited December 2012
United States
“Great food for vegetarians and meat eaters alike!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have been missing out since I only started going to Veggie Heaven within the past year. Their food is so delicious and even enjoyed by non-vegetarians. My boyfriend is not a vegetarian and he loves Veggie Heaven. He and I agree that the tofu tastes just like meat and is obviously much more healthy for you. If you go you have to get the wonton soup - it is to die for. I could just eat that for the rest of my life and I'd be happy. I have tried so much on the menu that I can't just recommend one meal because they all have been delicious. The 'sushi rolls' are always tasty and you can watch the chef prepare them. The waiters are also very polite, friendly and willing to offer suggestions if you are unsure what to get.

1 Thank yaaburnee
“Delicious and healthy vegetarian food!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have been going to Veggie Heaven for well over ten years. I usually go to the Montclair location but was near Denville and wanted to give this location a try. It did not disappoint. I had the vegetarian California roll and the veggie shrimp with sweet sauce. Both were wonderful. They have some of the same dishes as the Montclair location and some different. The vegan cheesecake is to die for. As always the service is great!

Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“Nice introduction to vegan?”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I'm guessing this place is vegan rather than vegetarian since I saw no evidence that animal products/byproducts were used in any of the food preparation. I am an omnivore who loves his meat and fish. While I have had tofu - prepared as undisguised tofu - and I like it well enough when properly prepared, I was leery of tofu "chicken", "beef" etc. This place sold me. I didn't go into this expecting tofu chicken to taste exactly like chicken, so I avoided the trap many people fall into. Does it taste kind of like chicken? Yes. Is the the non-chicken taste or texture bad? No, not really - unless you're determined to find fault.
Specific to Veggie Heaven, they have a menu of such scope that it's surprising to a non-vegan to see the number of things that can me done with tofu other meat substitutes. Apparently, they do all those things well, too. My curry "chicken" and vegetables was excellent, and one of our group had a "beef" stew that he liked a lot. The only sort of complaint seemed to be with the sushi rolls. Several people agreed that the rolls were good, but that they would prefer real fish. Despite what I said above, I could see that the texture of the "fish" wasn't even close to the real thing, and sushi lovers are often unforgiving about flavors that aren't exactly right. Generally, everyone was happy.
Service was very good, and I know that a party table, even with as few as 1o diners, can fluster servers and cause glitches. The staff here assured that everything went as smoothly as possible, and that we were served quickly, pleasantly and efficiently. I only had a slight problem with one server who apparently couldn't understand that I have a hearing impairment. With her accent. I really would have appreciated her slowing down a little once or twice.
The atmosphere was very nice - conducive to both casual and maybe slightly dressy occasions. Perhaps what I liked best was that, though a part of a chain, it doesn't feel like a chain restaurant.
I'd like to try this place again.
The atmosphere