“Twice, and if needed a third time...”

Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denville
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here at the Denville Hampton Inn, last June visiting my Godfather and had great experience. So good in fact that we returned to the Denville Hampton Inn this past week for four days, as we journeyed to NJ for his funeral. Because of our previous experience we recommended our family stay here as well, and we were all on the same floor. However, they were smart enough to not put us all next to each other.

This is the only Hampton Inn I have stayed at, and while it is not the Ritz, it is lovely, I have dealt only with courteous staff, that have been extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. When we asked about a refrigerator, they offered to deliver one, when I was not able to connect to the free data connection, the on duty manager reset the server and all was well. I asked for the directions to the local Charlie Browns stake house, and they were spot on.

It was affordable, and clean and honestly when you add everything in together it makes it a very positive stay and I will be back when I return to the area.

They also have a little concession area, next to the check in area that sells assorted food and toiletries. as part of this area, they also offer a selection of beer by the bottle.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 February 2012

This hotel is a bit off the beaten path but a very nice property. Pleasant staff and acceptable room but perhaps needing facelift. I had an upgraded King room which had a jacuzzi located in its own little alcove...a nice feature and out of the way. They served typical breakfast for Hampton properties. It would have been better if the room had had a refrigerator though.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Nimmi K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for staying with us . We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. See you soon.

Nimmi Kaur

Reviewed 3 December 2011

The hotel was TOTALLY full the Thur - Sat that I stayed here due to a lot of power outages in the area. But they were more than accommodating of my visit. I had one type of room on Thur and Fri, and another type on Saturday night, and they took the care to put all the rooms near each other and offered to help me move my luggage on the day of the change in room types. I was a little busy as that was my wedding day, so the help was greatly appreciated! They were also very flexible with check in - check out times.

The rooms were clean and neat - exactly what you would expect of a hotel like this. I was pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2011

There was nothing particularly singular about this Hampton Inn in Northwest New Jersey and that's not necessarily a bad thing. The room is quiet ,comfortable and pretty well appointed. Updated Flat screen tv, shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion in the room and a so-so continental breakfast in the lobby. Except for the make your own waffles, the hot choices were microwaved eggs and breakfast meats and instant oatmeal by the packet. Fresh fruits and yogurt, muffins and toast and box cereals are your other alternatives. There is an indoor pool and fitness center, but the hottub was out of order when we were there. Be sure to look for towels before getting in the pool - we had to run into the fitness center to get them just before our swim. The hotel is situated on an industrial street easily accessed from Route 80, so there's not much to compliment about the exterior. However you're a relatively short drive from nice parks and the Rockaway Mall. The front desk staff was very courteous and anxious to please as was the breakfast attendant. Probably a little overpriced for this weekend overnight, but we wanted something reliable and I guess it suited our needs.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We lost power during the blizzard on Oct 29. We lost power on 10/29 and had no heat so decided to check into the hotel down the street at the Hampton Inn in Denville. It is literally 1 mile from us. All of my friends stayed there too for the entire week we didn't have power. They treated us so great. We had so many kids among us and they never complained about the kids in the lobby or after school. Our kids all had to do their homework after school during the week and they offered them juice..and had hot chocolate and homemade cookies for them. It was definitely a home away from home. The staff was so friendly and accomodating. it was like a vacation for us. The hotel is so clean and the rooms. At one point the lady was washing the lobby floor an second time she said because she felt it wasn't clean enough! I can't say enough about this hotel. The staff is top notch!!! We will be staying there during the winter when we want a quick get away close to use the pool and just a change of scenery! You will not be disappointed if you need to stay here.. I feel like I need to go back to say thank you again and I kind of miss the hotel. Thank you Hampton Inn! You helped us during a difficult time! you made it great!

Room Tip: king size bed and pull out couch is bigger for families
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jacarly
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed there for a weekend night in a room with a king bed. Room and bathroom were very clean. Staff was pleasant and no problems were experienced during stay. It is right off the highway, but rooms are still quiet: didn't hear any cars/trucks. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, but if you aren't travelling by car, you are kind of out of luck in that department as those places are a bit far to walk and I didn't see much public transportation (then again, the hotel may have a shuttle; I didn't inquire). Pool was closed for maintenance when I was there, so perhaps call ahead if that is important to you. Overall, a clean, decent hotel with decent prices. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn In Denville for three months this past summer, with my mother, while she was undergoing medical treatment at a nearby hospital. We are not from the Denville area.

I found that the hotel had beautiful rooms, big comfortable beds, and a very good and powerful shower.

The staff was very gracious and accomadating. I liked the idea that we had free breakfast every morning, and were able to have a refrigarator in our room to keep food in.

I feel that the Hampton Inn Denville lacks only one anemity: A full service resturant. If the hotel had such, it would have been perfect. As it was, I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

If I ever had to stay in Denville again, I would definitely choose the Hampton Inn Denville.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denville
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway

Been to Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany? Share your experiences!