“Good location for New York and Cruise Terminal”

Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denville
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent location as base for visits to New York and short drive to cruise terminal. Pleasant surrounding area with availability to dining facilities. Easy access from and to main highway. This was our third visit to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This Hotel is ok for a short stay business trip. The hotel is located very close to the highway 78. The personnal is very friendly. Rooms are relatively quiet if the heating/AC is switched of! All in all a good place to stay :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2014

No real problems with my stay. The only issue I had was with the smell in the room. It had obviously been smoked in recently. But, I did not complain, and if I had I am certain they would have taken care of the issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I booked this hotel last minute for a business meeting and it was a Hampton so I knew it wouldn't be bad enough to make me sleep in the car. It was what I call a lost Hilton property. Staff not friendly. They couldn't care less about Hilton Honors had to move rooms to get away from the elevator. Hotel is not cared for inside and out like the Parsippany Hampton Inn just a few miles away. This location also has the smallest workout room it can possibly have. Equipment is also sparse and not cared for. It will work in a pinch but not a destination I would book if I had a choice.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel if its possible
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Nimmi K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Decent enough place, but the bathroom tiles are loose with missing grout. Who knows what lives underneath these loose tiles? Decent enough place for the AAA price. Location is near I-80, but road noise is not a problem. Pool area is fairly nice. Breakfast is standard boxed items - nothing special here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I think the staff was very friendly, everything was very clean. I just wish the rooms where a little more updated. The pool area was very clean and very nice. I would go back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel location is really good and accessible when you take the exit. The physical appearance and structure of the hotel is great. We love the indoor pool and fitness center added to their amenities. The parking is really not a major problem, it is really conducive to the guest wherever you park there’s a safe door entering to the hotel.

One thing you need to know when you check-in, ask the hotel guest representative if they have refrigerator and microwave in the room. It was happen to us when we check in, no mini ref and microwave. Because we are very busy touring the beauty of the City we didn’t notice what we needed in our room. I ask the front desk if I could have one night free or refund, because we stayed there for two nights but unfortunately they refuse my favor. I thought Hilton has guest satisfaction guaranteed.

Overall it was great!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denville
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Courtyard Parsippany
Courtyard Parsippany
#8 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany? Share your experiences!