“Great Diner”

Alexis Diner
Ranked #34 of 76 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Roxbury, New Jersey
“Great Diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This diner is one of our faves. It's a bit further from our home (15 mins) than plenty of other diners, but we go regularly for breakfast and typically stop here on the way home from the airport since we are usually starving by then.

Great breakfasts served hot and fast. My favorite sandwich is the french dip large enough for 2 meals. I'm always snooping at other tables to see what they have since it all looks so good!

• Visited August 2013

NJ
“Our favorite local diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

There are about 6 diners within a short ride from our house. It is New Jersey after all. But Alexis is consistently our favorite. Order the Popeye burger with spinach, mushrooms, onions and swiss cheese. The crispy fries are the perfect side. Or order the chicken souvlaki or the hot open-faced turkey sandwich. The tomato orzo soup, only available on Saturdays, is to die for. And ask for the secret panini menu. We don't know why it's secret, but it is. The magenta neon lighting only adds to the NJ diner ambiance.

• Visited July 2013
Gibbstown, New Jersey
“Real Yummy Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Quick, courteous and accomodating service, nice atmosphere, good portions, great prices, and really good tasting food!
I do not live in the area where Alexis Diner is but was visiting with friends and they took us to the diner to have an early dinner.
I ordered the roasted turkey and pepper wrap without onions. I was quickly informed there was no more smoked turkey, would regular turkey be okay. That was fine with me.
The wrap was delicious and everyone else at our table enjoyed their food as well. My husband had stuffed cabbage which came with soup and mashed potatoes. He loved it!
My turkey wrap came with some sort of dipping sauce that I forgot to ask what it was, it really made the sandwich super tasty!
I would definitely eat there again if I'm ever in the area.
This diner was more like a semi-fine dining restaurant than what you might think of a typical diner!

• Visited May 2013
Denville, New Jersey
“Great Local Eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

As far as Diners go, this one is tops. Typical diner fare, but prepared excellently. The char broiled burgers are delicious.

Visited April 2013
Mendham, New Jersey
“Decent, nothing special.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Our family went here on a Saturday at 12:30PM. This should be a busy time for a NJ diner, although we were one of only four families eating. The atmosphere is typical diner-like, with a menu with a good variety.

Omelettes and pancakes were fine, and our kids enjoyed them. We ordered the broiled shrimp-- tasted like it was not at all fresh.

The gyro platter was mediocre. The grilled chicken which came on top seemed like it was prepared a few days earlier and simply reheated. The Greek salad was ok, but I had to spit out the big hunk of feta that they gave me as it tasted spoiled.

Can't say we will be back. Still trying to find a decent all around diner in the area

• Visited May 2013