“Our "go to" for seafood”

Denville Seafood & Codmother's Cafe
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: recently reopened in 2012 after being closed due to Hurricane Irene in 2011.
New Providence, New Jersey
“Our "go to" for seafood”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is a small restaurant and seafood market. The restaurant is very nice and clean but not fancy. Everything we've eaten there over many visits has been excellent. With seafood, freshness is the most important quality. And everything here has always been fresh. It makes such a difference in the taste. The preparation is always excellent too. These folks know seafood! And the service is good too. We're 30 miles away but we come as often as we can.

Visited August 2014

“Fantastic seafood and great service”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

If you want really good seafood look no further then Codmothers.
I had the Soft Shell crabs and Lobster Bisque it was delicious and tasty !
The servers are AAA+ They keep my drinks filled without ever asking :)

You owe it to yourself to try this place out if your in or around Denville !

Bridgewater, NJ
“Enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I took my friend to Denville Seafood on Saturday for lunch. I've been here numerous times after Hurricane Irene and loved how they've redesigned the look of the place. It feels very beachy, like I'm dining at a quaint New England restaurant on the waterfront. This day we sat outside - which was nice that they have outdoor seating facing Broadway. We both ordered their special - grilled halibut with rice and mango salsa. My friend was absolutely raving about the dish. She thought it was so tasty - she even she could eat this every day! I agreed the halibut was very fresh but I found the overall dish to be quite plain, the fish as a bit dry and lacked salt plus I thought the rice was really unseasoned. It might have been a bit bland for me but it did taste 'healthy'. Portion wise it was just the right amount. I still enjoy coming here and will continue to do so. There is so much variety to their menu and the service is good too.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JCL-34
NJ
“Restaurant and seafood store, all in one”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This local seafood store and restaurant provides some of the freshest fish in this section of the county/state. While the prices are a tad higher, you won't have a 'stinky' piece of fish, ever.

The staff at the store are cordial, informed and efficient.

The adjacent restaurant is bare bones for decor but if you want good seafood, this is the place to go.

• Visited November 2013
New Jersey
“No crab cakes!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were a party of 12 friends, with a reservation, can't believe they had run out of rice, had no crab cakes or lemon sole. Also brought dinner before starter plates had been removed...my pet hate. Fish was very good, everyone agreed on that, but we were not offered dessert or coffee, just the BILL.

• Visited July 2014