“Great value for the Price”

Residence Inn Deptford
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Deptford
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Had a suite. Loved the space. Clean. Friendly Staff. Great breakfast. Close to interstates access.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Deptford

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed here 1 night after I missed a connection in Philly. All the airport hotels were booked, and this was the closest Marriott brand I could find to the airport. It was an expensive taxi ride to the hotel ($50), but the worst part was getting a taxi in the morning BACK to the airport. From the reaction at the front desk, you'd have thought I was the only person who ever requested a taxi in the morning. The woman at the desk promised to call to arrange a taxi the night before. She was completely distracted while I was checking in, so I asked her to call my room to confirm the taxi and she assured me she'd call my room to confirm. Well, she never called. I woke up the next morning and called down to the front desk to see if there was a taxi scheduled for 5:30. The guy at the desk said, "5:45?" I said, "no, 5:30". He said, "Uh.... yeah, its coming at 5:30". Well, low and behold, the taxi didn't show up until 5:45 on the dot. I asked the taxi driver what time the hotel had scheduled the ride for, and sure enough, it was for 5:45. 15 minutes can make a big difference at a crowded airport, and I was really quite stressed - not to mention, I had to wait outside in the rain for 15 extra minutes waiting for the taxi. Its bad enough I didn't get a confirmation call the night before (as promised) but the morning front desk clerk clearly knew the taxi had been called for 5:45, but rather than correct the situation by saying, "oh, we called for 5:45, so let me call and reschedule to 5:30", he just ignored the problem. The hotel itself was ok - but definitely out of the way. Front desk service was 0/2. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SMa1983
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Stayed here recently for a swim meet. We had a one bedroom suite. All rooms have a kitchen which was very clean and well equipped. Pool area was very clean and quite nice with some lounge chairs, and tables. Employees were very friendly and helpful. After checking in, someone came to our room to make sure everything was acceptable. We needed a 1PM check out, which wasn't an issue.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. No luxury here - -but very, very clean, well managed and served the purposes of our trip very well. If we return for another swim meet, I will make my reservations here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Jared_Bairstow, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback. We love nothing more than to hear that our guests are more than satisfied with their stay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we all hope to see you back here again soon. Even if you do not have a swim meet in the near future, check out our new packages on our website for a weekend getaway!!

Reviewed 22 August 2010

The Staf is very atencious and always ready to help, but rooms cleaning are far way from what I consider a average service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2010

Was in town to celebrate a birthday party, so we stayed only 1 night. Staff was courteous from the front desk to the wait staff. Even showed us the hotel map & allowed us to pick which room we wanted to stay in. For those Marriott lovers, this is a pretty good Category 3 hotel. UNOs restaurant is next door & they deliver as well as a shopping mall which we didn't go to. The only thing that sucked was their full breakfast. Nothing to write home about. In any event, the rooms & bathrooms were nice & clean. Downside, no scenic views & the TV is not flat screen.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Me, my husband, and 2 friends just stayed in one of the handicapped accessible two-bedroom, two-bathroom suites at this hotel this past New Year's Eve into the new year. We were quite pleased with the location and proximity of the Deptford Residence Inn to the surrounding tourist attractions including Philadelphia however, we were disappointed in the following: 1) the bathroom glass in one of the rooms had what I believed to be a milk ring around the inside of it. 2) on day 2 of our stay, the maid did not clean our room thoroughly, in fact it looked like she started cleaning, left and never came back. The kitchen floor was still sticky, none of the tables were cleaned. It looked like the maid just changed the towels, made the beds and left. 3) the website indicate that there would be a fireplace and a table for 4 in the suite which there wasn't nor were there even 4 chairs in the room. The stove had a burning smell when heated, the microwave's carousel didn't rotate; this was mentioned in passing to the general manager who offered to have the microwave switched, but that task wasn't completed either. Also the "spa" which is just a jacuzzi, was closed; something we were greatly looking forward to as were the fireplace. We were greatly hoping that this place could be our quick getaway from now on but we were greatly disappointed instead.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2009

The staff at the hotel made the stay. Deptford, as a 'burb of Phillidelphia, is largely unknown. But you'd not know that by the people who call Marriott their employer. In addition, the people I met while there were very friendly and helpful.
This hotel is constantly sold out, but you'd not know it by the efficiencies and cleanliness of the property. All too often busy hotels miss on things, this location was spot on for its size and number of guests in-house.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#2 of 3 in Deptford
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Runnemede - Philadelphia

Been to Residence Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!