“Basically ok but nothing special”

Residence Inn Deptford
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Deptford
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I was disappointed in this Residence Inn. Our room was noisy -- an air shaft and road noise. The dining area was not as clean as I expect from a Residence Inn (window shades needed dusting and the breakfast buffet was not wiped down as often as it should have been). That being said, the staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is away from the air shaft and doesn't face the road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Whyme67
anna p, General Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest -
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We strive to improve our services based on your feedback. I hope this experience does not deter you from choosing us again in the future. If you would like to speak to me directly, do not hesitate to contact me at 856.686.9188 ext406.

Yours In Hospitality

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here in June 2012 while visiting my stepson in nearby Somerdale, NJ. Like most Residence Inns, the rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast at this Residence Inn was not as good in comparison to others; but it was still okay. We will probably stay here again because Residence Inns suit our needs perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positve review.We are glad you chose to stay with us!!! Welcome to the Residence Inn Family. Residence Inn is a unique brand compared to other hotels. We look forward to having you stay us again in the future.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

The Residence Inn made my family and I feel welcome. The staff is very friendly and always greeted me in the hotel. The room was very clean and orderly. Breakfast was amazing! There were so many choices. The waffles, muffins, and potatoes were really great. Check in was a breeze.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your positve feedback and hope that the next time you are in the SJ/Philadelphia area that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was great, welcoming, helpful and nice. Breakfast was tasty and clean. Only down side is that it is on pretty busy street and next to strip mall parking area. Garbage pickup at 500 on sunday morning. Local police blasted sirens at parked car at 0600.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next visit and have a great week!

Sales manager

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is my 3rd time staying in Residence Inn Deptford. All 3 times are for business trip and I stayed for as long as 1 - 2 weeks. It is a nice place for longer stays as it has a small kitchen & living room area. I enjoyed staying there apart for some things to point out. When heater is turn on in the shower area, there is this noise that howl but it was bearable - when switch off, it is okay. The breakfast selection is average only, not fantastic. Overall, it is good as the amenities are suitable for longer stays and there is a laundry room to do some washing. Staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back again the next time you are in the Deptford, NJ area.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I was given room# 208, a king bedroom studio with sofa bed in the living area. I am NOT a light sleeper, but I couldn't sleep that night, the air condition in my room is really noisy, plus I kept hearing the air condition noise from other adjacent rooms! - non stop.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jabba85286
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn Deptford, NJ. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels in our area , and we are grateful you have taken the time to inform us of the experience at our hotel. We will review your concerns with the appropirate staff member (s), to make sure that the problem is resolved . We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the best hotel accommodations that you deserve and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I could write a novel about how this place failed me. Here's the executive summary:

I was given the noisiest room in the entire hotel, despite being a Platinum Premier with a standard request for a quiet room. Room 207 is adjacent to the corner of the building where there are six howling exhaust pipes. I'm not sure if these are furnaces or dryers but they sound like jet engines as I write this. They woke me at night. I got very little sleep here. The Front Desk lady knows the good rooms from the bad. Why was I given a bad room?

The maid should be fired. Laziest most worthless worker I have encountered in a long time. Except for Wednesday when someone else must have cleaned my room she did nothing but make my bed and empty the trash. The floor wasn't swept, the rugs weren't vacuumed, the dishwasher wasn't run (she didn't leave me any soap to do dishes either), the coffee maker was never cleaned, etc. Each night when I got back there was some detail she missed, like shampoo, soap, coffee or toilet paper. Lazy, lazy,lazy.

Several times I had to go to the front desk for items. At least I got some exercise.

I bet the hotel didn't spend more than $5 on the set of cookware they give you. I tried to boil water in the large pot to cook some fresh pasta. The water never boiled! I gave it 45 minutes and it barely got hot. Turns out the bottom of the cheap pot is curved and doesn't make flat contact with the burner! I had to go buy my own cookware to cook my own meals.

I cannot comment of the breakfast buffet or their evening reception. I was so soured by my maid experience I wanted nothing to do with either. By the way it appears that this is the only RI that has an evening meal Mon-Wed. All others go to Thursday. Cheapos!

I will NEVER return here.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ron L

Dear Guest,

I would like to first thank you for choosing Residence Inn located in Deptford, NJ., It is our goal to ensure every guest leaves 100% satisfied and I am disappointed to hear your stay was anything less than perfect. The cleansiness of our rooms is extremely important to us and comments such as yours allow us to target and improve areas that can benefit our guests' experience. I hope you'll give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs as our Trip Advisor community is important to us!

Kellie Nice

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#2 of 3 in Deptford
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Runnemede - Philadelphia

Been to Residence Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!