Residence Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford(Deptford)
Courtyard Deptford(Deptford)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewstype roomover thanksgiving weekendliving roomthe general managerdeptford mallextended stayhome away from homephiladelphiamicrowavefreewayunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed there in order to attend conference in Philly. Great stay! Hotel and rooms very clean. Bed very comfortable. Like the kitchenette. Breakfast area clean and staff was efficient. Not the greatest breakfast but sufficient. Check-in and check-out speedy. Front desk staff friendly and efficient. Would definitely stay there again. I understand there are only king size beds at Residence Inn. If they would consider 2 queen/double in some rooms that would be great

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have had good experience when we've stayed here the past two years, but this year we felt like the hotel was a little run down.

I'd like to suggest to the hotel owner that the UPGRADE THE PULL OUT MATTRESSES. Holy cow, this was the worse mattress I've ever slept on. We gave the kiddos the bed (we had a 1 BR) and we figured we'd sleep on the pull-out so we could watch TV and hang out a bit at night. We've done this at many hotels so we are not new to pull out beds and have reasonable expectations. But this one - yikes!! It was so thin that the springs were pinching me. It was truly awful.

Without a good night sleep, it was hard to overlook the dirty drawers in the bureaus, the dirty towels (yuck), the bedspreads ...were they just dingy but washed, or were they unwashed - I wasn't sure but they didn't smell fresh. The shower stall had a layer of grime so thick I could've scratched my name in it. Just gross.

I thought about telling the desk manager the first day, except that I quickly realized that it was futile after I asked her for three towels (four people in the room, they had left us two towels and one was dirty) and she snapped at me and asked me "you need three towels? how many of you in that room? what room is it? (big sigh) okay, wait, let me see if I have them".....

The pool smelled like waaaaaaay too much chlorine, and the last day it was closed completely...clearly they were having a problem with getting it right. ALso, the tile floor around the pool is very, very slippery. Kids were falling on it left and right. It doesn't seem like the right type of floor to have near a pool, seemed dangerous to me and the other parents in our group.

Our kiddos have food allergies and I was disappointed to see that they still have made no progress in being more allergy friendly. Even though it seems that they put out the same 20 or so foods, there is no binder with labels, and when I asked to see food labels sometimes they had them but just as often they didn't. The kitchen staff didn't seem to be trained in cross contamination or food allergies generally.

To top it off, at breakfast the TV in the common area was on - LOUD, every day - and it was always set to a news station that was discussing sensationalized news...so while we had coffee and tried to sit with our children, there was blaring news about rape and stabbing and....that was the first 3 minutes, and it was clearly time to go. Not sure about you, but I don't watch this with my kids and I sure as heck don't want to start my day this way.

I'll also note that they let dogs stay. And there were LOTS of dogs. My daughter is scared of dogs and many people would come out of their room with their big dogs unleashed - this was not great for us.

I liked that they have coffee available (complimentary) 24/7. But that's not enough to bring me back. I am sorry to say that I think next year, we will be looking for another hotel. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank j d
anna p, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest -

I want to Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. I value your feedback and would like to like to work together to make it right so you will choose to stay with us in the future. If you wish, please contact me at 856.686.9188 ext406.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

It was our second time at a residence inn. We were attending a reception nearby so it was a convenient place to stay. Everything was clean & the staff was very helpful with us and the other wedding party guests. A little disappointed that the hot tub was closed but we still had the indoor pool. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
anna p, General Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest -

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Deptford Residence Inn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that our hot tub closed this year, but as you stated, we do still have our heated indoor pool. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you in the future.

Yours In Hospitality

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I was disappointed in this Residence Inn. Our room was noisy -- an air shaft and road noise. The dining area was not as clean as I expect from a Residence Inn (window shades needed dusting and the breakfast buffet was not wiped down as often as it should have been). That being said, the staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is away from the air shaft and doesn't face the road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Whyme67

Dear Valued Guest -
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We strive to improve our services based on your feedback. I hope this experience does not deter you from choosing us again in the future. If you would like to speak to me directly, do not hesitate to contact me at 856.686.9188 ext406.

Yours In Hospitality

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here in June 2012 while visiting my stepson in nearby Somerdale, NJ. Like most Residence Inns, the rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast at this Residence Inn was not as good in comparison to others; but it was still okay. We will probably stay here again because Residence Inns suit our needs perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Kellie N, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positve review.We are glad you chose to stay with us!!! Welcome to the Residence Inn Family. Residence Inn is a unique brand compared to other hotels. We look forward to having you stay us again in the future.

Yours In Hospitality,