“Very Nice”

Residence Inn Deptford
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Deptford
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was an overall great experience. If you've ever stayed at a Marriott the same quality is very evident here as well.

The room was extremely nice and there were many extras provided as well. Very clean and very spacious. The bed was also very comfortable and easy to get a good night sleep in.

The staff here were very friendly, helpful, and also very pleasant as well. The location is also very convient as well. Many restaurants and shopping attractions within a few miles as well.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Very nice and convenient to stay at in.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bn89
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so much! I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Deptford-Fairfield Inn by Marriott. We hope that you travel to our area again soon and be sure to let us know so we can reserve a room for you. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for your nice comments.

Yours In Hospitality,
Sales Manager

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Amazing experience! I was in town for my sisters wedding and had to crash at the first hotel I saw...The Residence Inn had a ridiculously nice staff, the second you walk in, they greeted me a huge "Welcome" and gave me a great room.

Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Yours In Hospitality,
Sales Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Staff was kind and efficient. The room was large and clean. Nice to have full sized appliances. Furnishings were clean The view was of a highway and giant roof of a strip mall (to be fair, so one stays in Deptford for the view). The neon sign for the hotel was just over our window, so some light came into the room from the curtains while we were trying to sleep. The sofabed had a very thin mattress over top of springs and was not comfortable at all.

All remotes, appliances, climate control, etc. were in working order. The hotel supplied shampoo, soap, conditioner and lotion.

The breakfast was nice. Cereal, waffles, eggs, bagels, etc.

The pool was a nice amenity. Was not heated, so kids opted to swim and I watched. The pool room was heated, which was welcomed after being outside in the cold all day. You have to bring towels from the room, then you can exchange them for dry ones at the front desk once used.

The hotel is easy to access from highways. Lots of chain restaurants within a mile, with Uno's just across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway - less noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Worldtravellers113
anna p, Manager at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and feedback. We do hope to see you again so we want to make sure we exceed your expectations. Our indoor pool is heated and the normal temperature is from 80-82 degrees. At certain times it may be below temperature due to maintenance, we apologize if this was the issue during your stay. We do provide pool towels in the poolroom and additional towels at the front desk, so no need to bring your room towels down. Again, we appreciate your comments as we strive to better serve you in the future.

At Your Service
Anna Puglia

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was my first time staying at a Residence Inn. I was extremely pleased with how nice this one was. The breakfast was good. They had Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, Waffles, etc. The menu would vary each day with what they would prepare and have available to you. The staff was pleasant and very good on greeting you each time you would enter or leave or leave for the day. They had a very nice pool area. Unfortunately they removed the hot tub from the facility and the Manager told me that Marriott has done that with most of their hotels in the New Jersey area. I'm not sure on other states, but this one does not have a hot tub in the pool area. The rooms were comfortable and quite big. I had a well furnished living room/kitchen. The bed was extremely comfortable. This is definitely a nice place if you're on business and you want to cook your own meals. I had a very pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel. It may be a few extra dollars, but it was well worth it. It's right down the street from the Deptford mall. So it is definitely convenient to other areas!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Have stayed here many times - this time over Thanksgiving weekend. Front desk people are always fast and courteous; room very clean and attractive as always.

Breakfasts are really good. Eggs, Hash, Sausage Gravy, Sausage, potatoes, waffles and the like; menus vary each day. Have not taken advantage of the social hour.

When in the Philadelphia area, we always choose this hotel. Family stayed there also and enjoyed the indoor pool with the kids.

Location is a bit tricky to find first time, but close to NJ Turnpike Exit 3 and I-295. Direct access to Atlantic City Expressway. This facility is beautifully maintained. Arrive timely for breakfast - it gets very crowded at times. I understand why, because the "free breakfast" is well done and not just some rolls and coffee thrown together.

In general we have never been disappointed by Marriott. Each brand has differing levels of luxury, and the Residence Inn lives up to our expectations. Rates for seniors are also very good if you book them on the Marriott website. We will definitely continue to stay here.

Room Tip: There's no real view - a shopping center or the building. In a commercial area, so any room is O...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. Happy Holiday!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The overall experience was very nice,clean rooms,a breakfast variety every morning,friendly staff. I was very confused with their payment procedures.They quoted me a price for the room,and upon check-in they made think I was really using Marriott points,and the room was quoted a lower price.We stayed 10 nights,so they swiped my debit card,took forever for their system to clear the 10 nights,unknown to me!When we checked out all these taxes,sales I expected but this occupancy tax charged each day;noone mentioned this to me initially,so the room was not what they quoted!And when I inquired no one could explain what this tax was.Had to e-mail Marriott .My complaint was let the guest know exactly what their paying!!And a debit,the money is there,it shouldn't take 7 days,and upon check in your bill is not really known until check out!

Room Tip: Ask as many questions before booking and get it in writing!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie C
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I wanted to Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with the world. We value your feedback and thrive to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at this Marriott Residence Inn last weekend with my two dogs - i had a great room near the door to outside (at my request), on the first floor (at my request) and was happy to find a clean and well-furnished living room/kitchen and bedroom. The rooms are not huge but plenty big enough and again - CLEAN. The A/C worked great, the TVs were in order, the kitchen was stocked with everything I needed (dishes, glasses, dishwashing soap, paper towels, silverware, etc.) Did I mention CLEAN? The front desk staff was very accommodating.
My only blip was that there was a sign welcoming Marriott Rewards members by name on a small easel at the front desk when I arrived, but my name wasn't included? That was weird but really I would prefer my anonymity!
Breakfast was plentiful and staff there was also great. Unfortunately there was a woman there with her two grandchildren who let them run wild and then went upstairs and left them unattended... but that's not the hotel's fault! I'll definitely stay at this hotel next time I'm in South Jersey.

Room Tip: Corner King rooms are large but the bedroom doesn't have a door - all one large room - the queen...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kara G

Yours in Hospitality,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#2 of 3 in Deptford
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University
Hotel Runnemede - Philadelphia

Been to Residence Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!