Fairfield Inn Deptford
Red Roof
US$93
US$91
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskindoor pooldeptford mallroom was cleantypical marriottsausage pattieswould stay here againdance competitionfree breakfastrestaurants and shoppingparking lotstayed here for one nightnice staysoccer tournamenthouse keepingvisiting familystaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family stayed at this location as a stop-over to visit family as we were moving from Germany to Texas. Check in was very quick which was much appreciated as we had flown into BWI and then drove to NJ and were exhausted. The front desk staff was fast, efficient, helpful and friendly. When we got to our room we noticed a rather unpleasant odor and the room did not appear to be as clean as we would have liked. The front desk staff quickly moved us to another room which was a bit better.

The room was basically clean, however, the tub could use some attention. The room was comfortable and quiet and the beds/pillows were very comfortable. The pool is well maintained.

The hotel offers a breakfast which my husband and son said was "okay".

The location is a plus for us. It is conveniently located near route 42, food, gas and shopping. They also offer a nice military discount.

Whenever we are in the Philly/NJ area this our lodging of choice due to the price, condition of the hotel, convenience, and friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for letting us know where approvement is needed. It is our goal to provide our guests with the best service and accommodations and we appreciate any feedback that is given which will only make our Fairfield Inn team better. We look forward to yuor next visit and have a great week!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Sleeping in your car at a Jersey Turnpike is a hands down better option then staying at this hotel.

The front desk staff (except for the lady at night) was rude and did what they felt like with your reservation - regardless of what you reserved.

The room was horrible. It smelled. Both the sofa and the bed were extremely uncomfortable. The room was dirty.

I was told I would be given points to make up for inconvienced caused - has not happened.

I made a reservation a few weeks in advance, booking a 2 queen bed room. By the time we were able to reach the hotel ( trip from hell due to NYC traffice) the only room left in the hotel was a 1 king, 1 sofa bed. Not what I reserved, and I have Marriott Elite Gold Status. (I have had a Marriot Status of some sort or another for over 10 years in a row -so I am a frequent stayer at Marriot Brand Hotels). The front desk person told me that is what the reservation said - never mind I am holding a print out of my reservation which clearly indicated I booked a 2 Queen Room. Checking out, the front desk manager told me she took it upon herself to change my reservation, because my business profile said King. (I was not travelling for business as indicated on my reservation that I had made). I asked her don't you think I would have reserved a King if I had wanted a King. I got a blank stare and attitude. (There were 2 people in my party). No appology , nothing. Apparently at this hotel you don't get what you reserved. I have NEVER had a problem with any other Marriot changing my room to something other than what I reserve, and I order 2 bedroom rooms all the time. In fact, the Fairfield in we stayed at the next night managed to get the reservation correct

Room Tip: Nothing at this hotel I would say.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank spencerc763
Kellie N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for expressing your concerns with your recent stay, we are extremely embarrassed at the impression we provided. Please reply your message directly to me as I would like to personally express my apoligies and work at making things right.

Yours In Hospitality,

Brian Nocella, General Manager
brian.nocella@pillarhotels.com
(856) 686-9050

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were forced to find lodging due to a rain storm that flooded most of south jersey. After realizing we would never get to NYC that evening I looked up hotels and this was the closest one to where we were. At this point we were exhaused and just needed a bed. I just booked! It was too expensive for what we got, but we were desperate.
Once at the hotel, there was a LONG LINE of people waiting to check in. Apparently we were not the only ones stuck. There was one guy working the front and I swear he took care of one customer every 15-20 minutes! We were in line almost an hour, and with a cranky two year old this was not fun. Either way, once the manager arrived he was checking people in back to back and cleared up the line. Makes me wonder about how this first guy was trained and if he was that confused or what! total waste of time. However, it was a very smooth check in with the manager and we got our room key in less than 7 minutes. The room is very basic and what we needed for the night. There is a UNOS restaurant literally out front, and a Residence Inn next door and the hotel offers a free continental breakfast, but get there early!! Great area for food and shopping, and it had a clean looking pool. Room was clean, bed was comfy. Not my first choice if I had to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call me if ever in our area again and in need of a reservation.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Convenient location that provided a nice alternative to the rather expensive and generally over-rated stuff in downtown Philly. The best part of my stay was the efficient and very friendly staff behind the counter. As far as the facility, it was exactly what you would expect from this class/range of hotel. Comfortable bed and linens, and breakfast that can include waffles if you are so inclined. Others have mentioned some cleanliness issues. The property is a bit dated, so there is some wear and tear. Nothing that would keep me from returning. As with all Fairfield Inns that use this design, you go right past the pool/spa on the way to the elevator, so will always get to pass the smell of chlorine, an eternal struggle between the kids and the poor guy that has to keep it clean. "Business center" is limited to a couple of PCs and a lousy printer, but the staff were willing to help me use their office equipment to get something printed for me. For larger groups that are using the Cooper River Park (Camden, NJ) facility for a rowing competition, this can be a good economical choice, about 15-20 minutes from the venue.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor. Noisier, with all the foot traffic, and you have to deal with the indoor pool.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever in the area again and in need of reservations give us a call. We look forward to your next visit and have a great day!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Check in was great. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. I was lucky to be selected guest of the day and was upgraded to a wonderful suite. The room was very clean. We were on the 4th floor. It was quiet and comfortable. This was a visit to friends and family.
Breakfast was the only thing that needed attention in the hotel. Coffee was most always empty. Sometimes there were no cups. The girl that took care of breakfast was seldom there.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. It was great. I certainly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for yor review and I would like to let you know that we truly appreciate your business. We look forward to your next stay and let us know if we can ever be of service to you in the future.