“Nice Place”

Fairfield Inn Deptford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Deptford
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting my son's family in NJ. We were pleased with the room, especially for the rate we paid. The staff was very nice and friendly. The breakfast was one of the better continental breakfasts we have had, nice variety. We didn't get a good night's sleep the first night because of someone stomping around the room above us all night, not the hotel's fault though. I must say, the warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk on our last night's stay sealed the deal!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for leaving feedback regarding your stay. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our rooms, and our friendly service! I will pass along the sentiments to my staff; as I am sure they will appreciate your review. Thank you again for leaving feedback so we can better fine tune our service for our guests. We appreciate your business and your time.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The location is perfect for quick access to Philly (10-15).I flew into Atlantic City which isn't too far either (about 40-45 minutes). The highway entrance/exit is literally next to the hotel. The mall and TONS of shopping/food establishments are all right there. There's also the movie theater. All ranging from next door to 1 mile away.

The staff was so friendly. One night we had intense rain and I left my umbrella all the way in my room. The lady at the front desk offered to go to her car which was right outside the door to get her umbrella for me. There was no way I was going to let her do that and get soaked but talk about thoughtful.

The room was clean, the AC was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The free wifi worked well in my room.

Con (sort of): breakfast. There isn't much offered and it was just okay BUT honestly I wouldn't expect a 5 star spread at a free breakfast buffet. Just noting it to be fair about what I encountered while there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

There's rarely anything different about a Fairfield Inn; if you've been to one, you've been to most all of them. This one is in fairly good condition, though we had to advise them about various items that needed repair in the bathroom (dripping faucet and toilet running)--nothing serious. The staff was very nice. We didn't make it to breakfast because it ended at 9am and we were fairly exhausted from driving in horrendous traffic to get there. I wish they would serve breakfast until 10am; some of us are on vacation and not there for business. One of the reviews I'd read about this hotel liked the bedding and got a wonderful night's sleep. For me, not so much. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. I appreciate the free wi-fi (and usually the breakfast).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I rolled the dice and scored with the Fairfield Inn through HotWire and was pleased with the results; of course, I'm not sure if that's because it was so good or because the last one HotWire stuck me with was so bad (I'm looking at YOU, DoubleTree in Princeton).

Through HotWire it was $61 for a Saturday night and that was pretty solid - the check in associate was very helpful, the free breakfast sounded nice (we sorta kinda slept right through it) and the free Internet is always welcome, though albeit slow. If you're like my great grandmother (RIP) and like to get completely wasted before bed on whiskey (or moonshine) and sleep with the first cowboy who rolls into town then there's a Pizzeria Uno with full bar so close to the hotel you can throw the complimentary shampoos and lotion at the drunks as they'e leaving (or so I'm told).

I believe the regular rate for this room is about $120 which would make it a three-star review; for $61, it was certainly a deal. Route 42 to Philadelphia is right across the street as well as a load of dining options in the immediate area (Longhorn, Outback, Chipotle, Boston Market) though being an "independent eater" I did not partake, though I must admit to carrying on a torrent and dirty affair with Chipotle for quite some time.

Don't forget it's Deptford, which is home to a pig farm (an actual one - not the local high school) so those seeking a high standard of accommodation will no doubt come up a little short. That being said, I'll say about the Fairfield Inn what my mother said about my sister's husband - "You could do a lot worse."

Room Tip: I didn't hear any excessive noise, but next time I would probably ask for a room on the other si...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kellie N, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Deptford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback, we always strive to give the best possible service to our guests. We appreciate all input, both positive and negetive equally. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our time at our Deptford fairfield Inn and that our tema made you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Dual Sales Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

All rooms in the area were booked. However, front desk and manager Stephanie and Ava went out of their way to search for an open room. They just had one cancellation. I went to get a candy bar but pushed the wrong number. I asked for changed so I could get a chocolate bar. They gave me the change and some chocolate kisses. They made our night wonderful. They breakfast was very fresh and the girl working the breakfast area was very nice.m. Good food choices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind words and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Deptford-Fairfield Inn by Marriott. We hope that you travel to our area again soon and be sure to let us know so we can reserve a room for you. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for your nice comments

Yours In Hospitality,
Dual Sales Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed here before and as usual it was a pleasant experience.
The staff is super nice and very attentive. The breakfast has a great selection and is always clean. The manager typically strolls through and checks on everybody's stay.
The rooms are clean and you can see that housekeeping takes pride in their work.
Just a note, this property is a little bit older and even though they do a good job keeping it clean and updated it's not a brand new property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our Fairfield Inn while visiting the Deptford, NJ area. I am very pleased to hear your stay with us was enjoyable. Thank you for your meaningful words about our staff; they consistently create exceptional guest interactions that keep our guests coming back. I hope we have earned the right to call you a repeat guest! We look forward to serving your lodging needs again soon.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for one night while visiting relatives. The hotel lobby is small, but the room itself seemed to be larger than the norm. The bed in our room (408) was soft, just the way I like it, and had the usual, excellent bedding. Large variety of breakfast items. This hotel is 5 minutes to a large mall, restaurants, and other shopping. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call me if ever a problem should arise or if you would like to make future reservations. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.

Kellie E.. Nice
Sales Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#3 of 3 in Deptford
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)

Been to Fairfield Inn Deptford? Share your experiences!