“Not Much To Do Here”

90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Not Much To Do Here”
Reviewed 13 November 2008

The Community Children's Museum is located just off of Route 46 in Dover, NJ. I first heard of it from a Kid's Stuff coupon book. The admission is only $5, but the place is really small. When I walked in, I wondered if I could keep my daughter occupied for even a half hour. The exhibits are not very hands on, more like displays actually. Some were broken and they looked old and worn even though the museum apparently has not been around all that long.

The 2 rooms of exhibits consisted of the world of electricity (mostly not working and questioned the safety of exposed outlets), examples of international houses (display only), a performance stage with some old clothes in a box, a recreation of Van Gogh's apartment, a historical dinner party done by some local school children (display only again with a broken narrator box) and a tiny model of the Apollo 7 which a toddler could barely fit in. It only took my daughter a few minutes to see everything and spend the rest of the time in the play area, which was supposed to be a recreation of a lake house.

Although the museum was supposed to close at 5:00, the girl closed the door to the small gift shop at 4:30, wouldn't give us a minute to look around and then disappeared. You get the impression they wanted you to leave, so I happily obliged. I wouldn't go back.

3 Thank NJ-Tennessean