“Very nice hotel. Great front desk (at times). Lousy cliental”

Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Booked on the day we stayed after a drive from Niagara Falls to NYC. Hotel was a little out of the way. But only 1/4 mile to a large mall and more restaurants you could ever eat at.

The rooms were very nice. The hotel as a whole seemed very new.

Lady that checked us in was awesome. Got adjoining rooms for my family and parents. She also helped out finding a park for our little ones and a takeaway for dinner. All was going extremely well until it came to sleep time...

We kept our 1 and 2 year old in the living area of the room. The people in the room opposite decided to have about 10 people in their room and were partying until at least 4am. They woke the kids up on multiple occasions. We tried to contact the front desk to ask if they could have a word with the partyers to keep the noise down. No one answered the phone on the several occasions we tried to contact the front desk...

So, after a restless night sleep off we drove to NYC. This hotel would be 5/5 but for the lack of assistance from the front desk at night (several times when I walked past the desk it was unoccupied).

Complained to HHonors and got my money back through their 100% guarantee.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Just try to find a quiet part :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

The Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay here with us.

We again thank you for your business and loyalty and look forward to your soon return.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

from the moment I discovered this hotel, I felt I found out a great secret. It's the best hotel I've stayed at, and it's great for a woman traveling alone. The staff is always very friendly, and the rooms are spacious and clean. The price is very reasonable considering what you get, and is sometimes cheaper than neighboring places, but still nicer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We would like to thank you for your great feedback and comments.

The entire staff at the Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for giving us such great positive feedback and we are so excited that we were able to provide you with an Extremely Satisfying stay.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have stayed here many times. The hotel itself is decent. Clean and comfortable. But the manager apparently has no regard for honesty. I left two pairs of new shoes in the room upon departure. This I take personal responsibility for. I realized this while driving home withinin two hours of our leaving the hotel. I immediately called to report my oversight. The young man with whom I spoke told me he would report it to the manager. I called the next day to see if the shoes had been turned in. I was told nothing was found. Management knows who cleans what rooms and they claim they didn't find anything? Really. The fact that the cleaning staff are all female makes it s bit suspicious. A written follow up to Hilton and the hotel general manager have gone unresponded. I cannot believe the dishonesty of the staff. Clearly someone found the shoes, new shoes. Good day at work for someone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wnytraveler09
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor. As I mentioned on the phone, the shoes were never found from the room. We did an investigation and the 5 year housekeeping associate did not find it

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have stayed here twice now with the same positive experience. Clean and spacious rooms in a newer property at a good price. Right off Route 80 and next to mall and restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have stayed in Homewood Suites before and have been very pleased with them. This was no exception. The staff was helpful and pleasant. The room was very clean with a great mattress and a very warm comforter. We had all of the supplies in the suite to be comfortable. We had a beauitful view of the fall foliage from out room. The fitness room was clean and the machines worked well. The pool was also clean as was the room itself. There was always someone cleaning the motel or fixing something in record time. Maintenance seemed to be very important. The breakfast was very good with a great selection of breakfast options. Everything was well stocked. We hated to leave because we were very comfortable at the motel. It was like a home away from home for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am estactic that gave us a "Solid 5 Stars". Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Just returned from a business trip to the area and had a great stay at the Homewood Suites, Just two of us so we chose a studio suite which was very nice. Staff are all engaging and welcoming, thanks to Stephen who I had spoken to the day before about an early check-in and he had our room ready for us when we got there, Nice facilities, pool is very warm, a few degrees cooler would have been nice, but if you like your water warm you will not be disappointed. Exercise equipment new and in excellent shape. Breakfast choices very good, really enjoyed the coffee and the dinner and free drinks both nights were great. Walked over to the shopping center both nights as well as in the adjacent town house development which is an excellent place to walk if you are staying there and like to walk. Fed Ex trucks do start early but we are early risers so not an issue for us. Would recommend highly and return if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing Fed Ex if early morning noise is an issue for you
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have been traveling for 35 years and the lady at the front desk was the best I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She was friendly and very efficient checking me in and asking me where I wanted to stay. She got me the room I wanted and everything was in place and nothing was out of place. Management must be doing a great job of leading by example because usually Something is off! I only wish I could pick the place and the people up and bring them all with me for the rest of my trips.

Best checking in experience of my life! Great Job!

Room Tip: Get there early in the evening and enjoy a free beer and relax.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

The entire staff at the Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for giving us such great positive feedback and we are so excited that we were able to provide you with an great stay. I will pass on the great comment to Adaya our front desk associate

Larry Benus

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#2 of 2 in Mount Arlington

Been to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway? Share your experiences!