“great staff”

Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 16 May 2014

we had a very comfortable room. quite and facing a natural habitate. the canada geese greated us when we arrived. and if that is not your cup if tea... you can go across the street and shop, shop, shop! there is a great mall there

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

The Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay here with us.

The entire staff at the Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for giving us such great positive feedback and we are so excited that we were able to provide you with an great stay.

We again thank you for your business and loyalty and look forward to your soon return.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you don't mind the smell of feet and wet dog then this is the hotel for you. The hotel has great amenities and great location but the odor is the deal breaker. Because this is a pet friendly hotel, it ruins it for any business travelers or folks who do not like offensive odors. This wasn't just a one off case that was limited to one room or floor. It was everywhere in the hotel. It is so bad that when house keeping cleans rooms they often spray down the rooms with deodorizers and open the windows.

Stay away unless you cannot smell anymore or you do not mind odors.

Room Tip: There are no odor-free rooms. Otherwise, take rooms on the second floor or higher to avoid the bugs...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Firstly, thank you for your candid review of our property. You are certainly right that some rooms can have a pet smell. We take every precaution to make the rooms smell fresh. All pet rooms are on the the first floor unless a guest does not tell us about their pet , unfortunately,we cannot control some situations that arise when other guests abuse the hotel, Housekeepers visit a variety of rooms throughout the property,

GM

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had such ood experiences with this hotel but something is wrong. The front desk girl Ava and the blonde girl that tried to connect the internet were great. After that first hour, it was pretty bad. The marihuana smell we had to go passed everytime we left our room was ridiculous. I know management can't control what people do in their rooms but come on - I'm sure your housekeeping had to smell that. I had to go the front desk to get them to pick up 2 condoms laying by the pool - really! I can't confrim but judging by the quality of customers hovering on the first floor I wouldn't be suprised if they are doing hourly room rentals. I did not feel safe their with my child so i probably will not be going back there. Spending over $500 for 2 nights to stay in New Jersey and have all these problems is not worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Firstly, thank you for your candid review of our property. You are certainly right that we cannot control some situations that arise when other guests abuse the hotel, but we would like to invite you at any time to pass on concerns to the front desk as you did with the pool. As soon as we are aware of a problem, we can effect a solution. Housekeepers visit a variety of rooms throughout the property, but oftentimes, certain rooms refuse service and they have no opportunity to visit a room and verify activities.

We truly apologize for the other issues that you encountered during your stay; although we cannot always prevent them from arising, we do our best to resolve them in a safe and timely manner. We hope that we met your expectations in that regard; it is our goal to protect the guests in our hotel and their integrity – we do not offer any hourly rates or short-term rentals.

If your travels bring you back to this area, please reach out to our team. We would be happy for a second chance to give you a better experience. The issues you encountered are not typical of our hotel, and we again are sorry for the distress that they brought you.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Breakfast was great and staff was super helpful and pleasant. I would definitely recommend to anyone. I have worked in Hotels for over 30 years and this is one of the best properties I have stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am excited that gave us a 5 star rating. Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Always stay here when I'm in the area for business. The hotel staff is great and will react whenever there is an issue. Place is very clean. Close to mall and other shopping plus many restaurants. I will stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am estactic that gave us a "Solid 5 Stars". Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Hotel provided the format and capability for meeting of the group of 4-6 people.Rooms were quite and allowed of work by the invidivduals and group. Meals were effective - with some suggested improvements and staff sought recommendations for consideration that likely would be considered.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I rated this place as the best place I had ever stayed, but I found out they are starting to slip a bit. I had a problem with the check in lady on a Sunday afternoon because I bought my room on Priceline and she wanted to grind me down about it. She told me that I was booked into a smoking room, that I have not ordered ever on priceline, and I was going to have to take it. As I was preparing to leave she then decided to switch me to a nonsmoking room. It was a 5 minute dance that consisted of her telling me that I bought it on priceline so there was nothing she could do and me preparing to leave and stay somewhere else. I hope they get her straightened away, because this is still a great place to stay. Other than the check in everything else was great!

1  Thank Fogymtn

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I have already addressed the issue with our front desk associate Thank you very much for your other nice comments. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Larry Benus

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#2 of 2 in Mount Arlington

Been to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway? Share your experiences!