But, it is tucked off a hidden driveway and extremely hard to find, especially in the dark.
I would suggest more and better signs be installed along the way.
My GPS got me to the entrance of the driveway, but I did not see either a lighted sign or a motel and had to make several passes before I found it.
The layout of most Homewood Suites rooms is the same; because each suite has a kitchen with a full size fridge included and I tend to travel with coolers of food when I am on the road, I try to aim for this Hilton property when it is in the vicinity I am traveling.
I was impressed by this Homewood. I only stayed for one night, so I cannot rate the housekeeping in general, only the condition of the room when I arrived. It is true that I was very tired when I pulled up to this property just before dark, after having driven for over seven hours, but I did not encounter any of the negative things mentioned by other recent guests and certainly no pet smell.
Adaya (I hope I got the name right) at the front desk was very helpful.
This seems to be a place with many people staying for long terms--one couple was undergoing a home renovation, another person seemed to be living at the Homewood permanently. These folks hang around the lobby and shmooze--it felt like joining the family for the night.
I did not get to breakfast, which is 6 to 9. I would have preferred the breakfast to have been extended to 9:30 or 10, the way it is at Hamptons, but I understand that all Homewoods have this schedule--you should be aware of it, though, if you are traveling for pleasure with family.
There was a nice exercise room and a pool.
I like to treat myself to an in room whirlpool when I am on the road, to unwind from the driving, and appreciate this amenity in many Hamptons. Homewoods do not seem to offer any suites with whirlpools and this Homewood was no exception.
I stayed on Hhonors points, and so was quite pleased with the value, but you should be aware that the price for this motel, possibly because it is so close to New York City, is higher than that of most other Homewoods at which I have stayed.
I will post pictures when I get them dowloaded from my camera.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Dover - Rockaway is located just minutes from Parsippany, Morristown, Denville, Mt. Arlington and the International Trade Center in Mt. Olive in Dover, New Jersey. Enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks and complimentary high-speed internet access. Whatever the reason for your visit, keep in shape at our fitness center, indoor pool, basketball & tennis courts. Explore many Dover area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway Hotel Dover
- Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway New Jersey