“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dover
Lawton, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stay here a couple of times a year when I am in town for business. Always a pleasurable experience. Highly recommend. Very warm atmosphere in the lobby and the free dinner and breakfast aren't too bad.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
The Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay here with us.

The entire staff at the Homewood Suites Dover NJ would like to thank you for giving us such great positive feedback and we are so excited that we were able to provide you with an great stay.

We again thank you for your business and loyalty and look forward to your soon return.

Larry Benus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Dover, NJ, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Excellent place for long business trips. Rooms have plenty of space to setup your computers and lay out documents. Even has a pool to relax. Close to good restaurants but still be out of the way of noise and traffic.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am excited that gave us a 5 star rating. Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Needed an hotel overnight prior to picking up an RV in nearby Kenvil. Had thought of staying near airport but after some research chose this hotel. It is a 5-10min walk across the road to a couple of hundred shops in the nearby mall. The hotel provided a complementary meal in the evening and decent breakfast the next morning. The food was of a very good standard and plenty of it. Rooms clean, spacious and quiet. Staff limited in number but very helpful with nothing too much. Great place.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front would be quieter as there is a Fed - Ex base opposite the front entrance a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was one of the best hotel stays I have had in a very long time. The staff was extremely nice. The rooms were great. There was a warm feeling about the hotel. The price is very great compared to the service you receive. I will be staying here again on my next busines trip or personal trip.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I am happy it was nice stay Thank you very much. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Wayland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I planned to stay at a different hotel in Rockaway, but because of some strange rule at that other hotel, I was not able to get a room. I found this out when I got there at 2:30am and was told to try the Homewood Suites. I got there and was told that the same rule applied. I was about to suck it up and sleep in my car as a last resort but the woman working the front desk went above and beyond. She easily could have said no and that be it, but she made at least 3 phone calls to someone high up and after about 15 minutes, she finally convinced them to make an exception. After everything was squared away, we had a solid 30 minute conversation about life. What I got out of my stay was a great room for a low price, a clean stay, and an incredibly personal and accommodating staff. This Homewood Suites has my business next time I'm down in the area

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alex T

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was easy to find, just off the interstate. Friendly staff, great breakfast and dinner included and delicious. Had a few stores near by. Super comfortable and clean room. Would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, 5 July 2014

Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is my first visit to Dover, NJ on business. It's approximately minutes away from Picatinny Arsenal if you are planning to visit there to play golf or on business staying at the Homewood Suites would be my first choice. The Homewood Suites is approximately 5 minutes away (in traffic may be a little more) from the Mall and restaurants. My room was clean and well maintained. Furniture and kitchen appliance were fairly new and clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept great. Just one negative remark, the evening (7 pm) staff member was else where, no one else was available to greet incoming guest too include myself for check-in after a long drive to get there. I finally did check-in after 15-20 minutes waiting time. Overall, my first stay was a very restful one. If I have the pleasure to return to Dover, I would consider returning to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway.

Room Tip: If you like to watch T.V in bed, the drawer that the T.V. is on is facing away from the bed, you mus...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I will pass on the comments to my staff. We look forward to your return when traveling to our area again.

Larry Benus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#1 of 2 in Mount Arlington

Been to Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway? Share your experiences!