“Fantastically Consistent”
Review of Wasabi House

Wasabi House
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Fantastically Consistent”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

How on EARTH have I not written a review for Wasabi House in my 10 years of going there?! The chef knows me by name for pete's sake!

Everything I've ever had at this restaurant is fantastic. The fish is always fresh, the rolls are interesting and yummy. They're accommodating for BYOB as well as having gluten-free soy sauce. It's such an easy choice for a small dinner with family or to catch up with friends.

They've had some changes over the years, between decor and a menu expansion. I know they had an issue with the quality of service a year or two ago, but my "regular" waiter stepped in, took over the table and all was well again.

Oh, and they deliver!

Every time I'm home I try to make one meal here at Wasabi House. I even introduced a friend to sushi here and the response and excitement was fantastic. Thanks for all of the years of delicious food. Keep it coming!

• Visited August 2014

New Jersey
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I just went yesterday to the Wasabi house and it was my first time. Mind you, I've lived in East Brunswick all my life. Driving by, I would never think to come here for sushi. Just like many of the other reviews said, boy was I wrong.

When we got there, we were greeted by friendly staff members and got seated right away. Immediately after, someone was there to take our drink order.

We ordered four different sushi rolls (2 simple 2 special) and they were all delicious! The eel roll was so flavorful and the Mango Maki roll had so much mango on it! So good.

Then our meals came which we shared teriyaki shrimp and teriyaki beef. The beef was tender as anything and the shrimp were very good as well. And there was so much food!

Overall the place was excellent but a little small inside. It packed up pretty quick so expect to wait if you go at peak dinner hours. Don't let the strip mall fool you!

2 Thank Tim K
“Fresh and tasty food! ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

It was our first time at the Wasabi House and we were nothing short of impressed. We arrived around 7:00 PM and almost every table was open. Not even 15 minutes later, the whole restaurant was packed. We went as a family of four and ordered sushi as well as entrees.

If you're a new sushi eater, I would recommend something simple like the California roll or the eel roll. If you're up for adventure and want to try some specialty rolls, I would highly recommend the mango maki roll and the black dragon roll. Both amazing! Along with the sushi, we ordered Japanese rice which wasn't exactly what we expected but was great nonetheless. The two entrees that we shared were the shrimp teriyaki and the beef teriyaki. The beef was cooked to perfection and extremely tender. The four of us finished almost every single bite on the table!

The service was great as well! I would highly recommend the Wasabi House!

“Sushi for life”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

You have some audacity to give this restaurant a bad review. Friendliest service, my glass never stays half empty. Chef Tony and company only bring the freshest fish and unless you come very frequently, you have had no chance to try all different maki/kitchen orders. When available, get the soft shell crab tempura. Delicious.

• Visited May 2014
East Brunswick, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very bad unprofessional 0”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

we were frequent clients at Wasabi house, we used to get delivery at least once a week till today 5/2/2014 we were looking forward to come and have dinner at wasabi house. First we had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated there were a couple with their teenage daughter that came after us without any reservation and they seated them first, and another couple and they seated them as well before us. We let this slide and thought they forgot. After we got seated we waited and the waiter kept coming and bringing order to clients {even the people got seated after us} and for another 20 minutes non of the waiters came to even ask if we need something to drink or take the order or anything.
We decided to leave without ordering anything.

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone there is a Japanese restaurant in highland park which is way better and cheaper and staff are more friendly and professional.

We decided we will never have any dealings with this restaurant again they are very unprofessional

• Visited May 2014