“Better off sleeping in your car! Filthy, filthy, filthy!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Stayed there in 2009. The room was fine. This time around, it was a nightmare! Even the kids were grossed out! One of the sheets had multiples stains and a hand imprint on it! Had driven all day, couldn't just leave, but should have. They should be ashamed! Filthy, filthy, filthy! See for yourself in the pictures below...

Tried to speak to someone at the front desk, was barked at "What do you want ?" before I had time to say hello!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Kablonk

Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

We had to stay here during a bad snow/ ice storm with power outage back in October of 2011. We got like 2 feet of snow before Halloween...crazy weather. It was a last minute decision to leave our house which had lost power. We have two little ones that could not stay in the 20 something degree temps without heat. We got a room fast and it was a small suite with kitchenette and living area with pullout. We loved the King bed but wished it was in its own separate room..there was a small privacy wall. Not very romantic but definitely a comfortable and roomy suite. I would have preferred not to see any water damage/mildew in a corner in the bathroom. But it wasn't a lot. And for last minute and rooms filling up with power company employees staying the nite for extensive storm cleanup, we were really happy to have a safe, warm place to sleep. Never ate the breakfast, we had cereal! Wawa across the street has decent sandwiches fresh fruit veggies and the usual conveniences. Rt 18 which is alongside old bridge turnpike has tons of places to eat and shop!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I got the advanced payment rate with Choice and at that price ($93) it was a very good value. I was quite pleased with my stay and have what most might consider a very minor complaint. The wi-fi signal was weak and spotty. Every time my iPad went to sleep I had to sign on again. As I said, minor for most though as a business traveller wi-fi is perhaps not so minor after all. That being said, my room was clean with a comfortable and great shower and bath area. Also, no noise. Nice! The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Emmanuel at the front desk. I'll probably stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank steverinsc
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hotel is just a short drive from I-95. The service was very good; I had inadvertently made my reservation for the wrong night and they were very accommodating about changing it immediately to the night I arrived, at the same price. The room, a small suite, was very clean, attractive and comfortable. I couldn't have asked for more. The free breakfast was filling. It was typical hotel free-breakfast fare, but included sausage patties, eggs and waffles. I searched several area hotels and this price was the best for this class of hotel, and, though the price was good, the hotel was also very good. Lots of places nearby to eat (some very close and some within a 1-mile radius). I ate at a Chili's that was about five minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stopped after 10:30 pm on our return drive from Florida to Boston. We needed a cheap clean place to stay and get to Boston by noon. There were a few more options cheaper but I was worried about some of the reviews. I would rate this hotel between average and above average. If you have to stay in this city I would recommend it knowing the other issues. For the price next time we would try to find something else because we could drive another 30+ minutes up the turnpike for another hotel. Normally we stay just at the start of the NJ turnpike at Pennsville Super 8 (great cheap hotel) but this trip we were trying to get to Boston by noon.

Good points - beds were very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was much more than I expected including make your own waffles, French toast sticks, bacon, egg patty, croissants (not the best but put them in the microwave for a few seconds and much better), ripe bannanas, cereal, muffins, toast, etc. Both the Wall Street Journal and USA Today free. Microwave and refrigerator in room. Room very large with a separate seating area with couch, chair and coffee table.

Bad points - bathroom was "tired" and the shower grout could be cleaner, the pullout sofa bed appeared broken and very uncomfortable (we could have called the lobby but it was getting late and the kids said they would share a bed), lobby and elevator was a little dirty (again late on Sat night), hard to find (both I-phone app and another app had the location wrong - hint - much closer to the turnpike - less than a half mile).

If I had to stay in East Brunswick I would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Beds were great. Wawa across street for snacks. Quiet rooms. Some mildew in shower grout. Good temp control and quiet heaters in room. Breakfast was average for the price class. Had both USA Today and WSJ newspapers - nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Overall, I had another good experience with this hotel. I wouldn't change anything from my previous reviews, except THIS time I found the breakfast to lack protein. Yogurt would have been nice, as the egg product didn't look very appetizing. Room 304 is too close to the very busy street for my comfort - will try to avoid it in the future. Trucks approaching and starting up at the traffic light outside my window really kept me awake all night.

Room Tip: Avoid room 304