“Nice place”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great place to stay with more than 2 kids. The pull out sofa was great. The place was very clean. Breakfast was excellent. The bathroom could use some maintaining. It had wallpaper peeling up and caulking cracking. The tub and sink drained very poorly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Owen720

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Beverly, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were on our way back home on the Jersey Turnpike when we decided to call it a day.
The hotel was typical of Comfort Inns. It was clean, roomy enough, and in a good place off the turnpike; not too close for noise but easy to get to.
It is also close enough to New York City to get in to the city without too much trouble and it definitely cheaper than closer hotels.
Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Quiet all around.
1 Thank Alex W
Verbank, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. Enjoyed the room and also the Restrauant that they refered us to us. Fast at check in and a good breakfast too.

Upgraded to Jacuzzi room at no charge. Wawa across the street. We went to an Italian restraunt within walking distance. Also had a Dunkin Donuts within walking distanct too.

Good staff and a quiet hotel room

Room Tip: Jacuzzi is a good room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chuck R
Boca Raton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I traveled for a family affair and stayed in a king bed room with a sofa bed with my husband, a preschooler and a young toddler. To start with, I was very annoyed when upon my arrival I was informed that the hotel has no cribs or pack-n-plays available to their guests. To top it off, the front office attendant decided to arrogantly explain to me what a sofa bed is, suggesting that I should put my 1 year old to sleep there. This despite the fact that I requested a crib as my "special request" when I made my reservation on line. As, I said, I found a front desk attendant to be unpleasent. At first, he could not find my reservation, and was about to turn me away. Not a good start to my trip :(.
The hotel was NOT immaculately clean, as some suggest. There were some crumbs under the mattress when I unfolded the sofa bed. There were stains on the carpet.
The breakfast was adequate, but was missing sugar free selections for my diabetic father in law. They did not have "to go" boxes or bags as promised on a website. They closed the doors into the dinning area a few minutes prior to 9, even on the weekend ( which I think is pretty early). I saw a few people trying to get in to the breakfast area a little after nine, and they were not able to do so. This was even though other guests were stilll eating, and there was still food on the buffet. I think this is not great customer service. The breakfast attendant was subpar. She never refilled coffee, juice, milk or water unless reminded to. And, even then, took a really long time to bring the item back. She did not clean the tables after the guests left. She just stood there and stared at people while we were eating. There were high chairs available ( to me that means that they do expect families with young children to stay there).
Overall, I felt that people that work at this hotel were unfriendly and had an attitude. I saw a manager yelling at the above mentioned restaurant attendant. A few other employees I encountered did not smile or make eye contact. May be I just expect too much?
In conclusion, I think this hotel is a decent deal for the price if you are staying n the area. But compared to other budget hotels, such as Holiday Inn, they don't compare well.

2 Thank Djanx
virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed here on a trip to a family event in the area. It was clean, comfortable, and much more than I expected for the price. Emmanuel at the front desk was very friendly and helpful in finding a good Indian restaurant for dinner. The rooms were much nicer than I expected with higher quality linens. The bathrooms were also fancier than I would anticipate for a hotel in this price category. The free buffet breakfast wasn't great but pretty much your standard chain hotel fare. Overall, it's a great place and I'm glad we didn't look for a fancier hotel even though we weren't particularly concerned about a bargain.

3 Thank Grisette77
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night for a dance competition at the middle school. Her studio arranged a group rate that was fantastic and the desk clerk was so pleasant. The room was clean and the free breakfast a great perk. We are returning again in April.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Elizabeth46905
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Very clean and spacious rooms. Quiet. Very friendly staff. Rooms nicely furnished & comfortable. Adjacent to Rt 18 with many good restaurant choices. Easy access from NJ Turnpike exit 9. Good location for many central Jersey points. Convenience store/gas station opposite. Will stay there again when we are next in that area of NJ.

Room Tip: Third floor is most quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN East Brunswick Inn
#3 of 7 in East Brunswick
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!