“Decent for the price.....”

Motel 6 East Brunswick
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in East Brunswick
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Pros: Room was completely new....beds, TV, etc. Room was very clean. Daily cleaning services. To be honest I was shocked for $59 a night(online rates are cheaper). Sadly, I was prepared for a disaster....I brought cleaning products(bleach) and my own linen...(I did use my own towels/washcloths). But theirs were decent. No carpet....hardwood type tile on the floor. Great for my dog and family. Cons: Constant remodeling going on. Noisy and lots of dumpsters running over and 18 wheelers nearby. Otherwise, not bad. Not bad at all.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a newly remodeled room...not an old one.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

First off out of towners you need to know that for some reason Jersey thinks its efficient to only make left turns be aware you will make u turns like nobodies business if you pass motel. This place is hidden behind the fitness gym By the PNC bank. Second, they have construction going on until June 10th so only smoking rooms are available. Hate to say it last but not least after a long search to get a beer around here is like pulling teeth. The beer and sprits store is next to the PNC bank, recommend walking so you don't have to deal with all the silly driving rules. Other than that enjoy your stay for an ok room, not so clean and slightly over priced. Oh yeah Wifi is NOT free.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Lunagurl
Reviewed 17 May 2013

First it took us 20 minutes to get to the hotel using out navigation system. The road we've came from didn't have a clear turn sign, and the motel itself itn's visible from it.

Second, the room is clean and nice, but wifi is not free, and it takes 10 more minutes to pay. Was of importance to us since we came late.

Third, there is no breakfast (just coffee), but there are no places to go by walking in the morning, you need to find one and drive to it.

So we found "classic american" Super 8 and Motel 6 not that good. I feel those networks are preferred by people who just doesn't want to put themselves to any risk of getting _any_ problem with their stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sonic1980
Reviewed 24 April 2013

to stay@ the Motel6 which is right next to studio 6 in eastbrunswick New Jersey.The rooms are out dated always has a weird smell to them...One of the last times I stayed me and my girl checked in.. get to the room and the bath tub is all rusty which looked like paint chips in them..I tell the maid and she tells me its nothing its just.old.Really? I couldn't tell!..So I go to the front counter ask if we could get another room..This chubby dude with glasses who looked miserable gave horrible customer service.. He gives us a new room didn't get sleep that nite bunch of ignorant people few rooms down yelling screaming fightiing all nite.. There was about 5 Of them 4 guys one girl..Nobody working at the hotel did anything..There was also people in the parking Lott screaming yelling as well hanging out..this went on to about 7am....It is a very trashy place..I reccomand people never never never stay there..Your better off sleeping In your car..This is the most unprofessional establishment I ever stayed at.. The staffs number one thing should be providing a secure safe environment....I should have wrote this review a long time ago..But its better late than never hopefully I stopped some of you from staying spread the word..It was like staying @ a crack house not to be funny.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank JEREZ201
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I'd written an excellent review of this motel back in 2010; the first time I'd stayed there. I was so FAVORABLY impressed that I made it the place I stay EVERY year going to and returning from, my place in FL. I commute down there from MA and back again each year and each year I stay in this Motel!

I returned to MA in May of 2012 and again, stayed in this motel. Again, my room was clean, the staff was accommodating and the rooms are very accessible. There is also a covered porch area right outside my room, so I can sit outside if I want. I've now stayed in this Motel SIX TIMES. I have never, ever, had a problem here and the price is always right. Further, there is a very nice buffet-type restaurant nearby and I can load up and take the food back to my room!

I say this again...I don't understand the poor reviews. I HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Rooms on the other side, away from the side where the office is are much quieter and have a nice cov...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I checked in room 247 with my 3 daughters. I open the bed sheets, so we do not to sit on the comforter. My daughter points out to me body hairs on the sheets and bugs. There was also a soil face cloth under the bed. I went to the registration office and I told the clerk that I wanted to get reimburse and wanted to leave. There were other clients at the counter at the moment. The clerk didn't ask why I wanted to leave and hurry up to reimburse me. She had me signed a couple sheets of paper. I'm sure she knew there were bed bugs and she didn't want me to say it aloud in front of other clients.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Sylvie B
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My stay at motel 6 in NJ was by far the most disgusting, outdated and filthy that I've ever experienced. Upon our check in at 2:30AM there appeared to be potentially prostitutes/drug dealers/etc. They had 4 African American men standing guard outside the room doors, a car pulled up to us as we were taking out our baggage and rolled down window trying to hand us money and the men at the room yelled down to them and told them to come to him. We opened door, locked it and have never been so petrified in our lives, no one slept because we were so scared, I was afraid to call police or front desk for fear of retaliation of us out of townies. The Toilet made a loud screeching noise every 20 minutes or so. There where patched holes in walls and all doors from what looked like punch holes. The air conditioning in our room was very weak and didn't cool our room at all. We would have left but were tired from long drive and scared of the drug dealers next to us. I have pictures of the nasty filth that wasn't cleaned from the shower and the long black wavy hair found in our towels, wash clothes and what appeared to me pubic hair on the sheets what made me think linen wasn't changed, so we slept on top blanket.DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR SELF

Room Tip: Keep driving and find a better place to stay!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Best Western East Brunswick Inn
#6 of 7 in East Brunswick
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick

Been to Motel 6 East Brunswick? Share your experiences!